·
Registered
21,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting this thread exclusively for 491 related Queries

·
Registered
130 Posts

one of the MARA Agents posted this on their FB page today.
Does that mean 491 visa holders entitled for Medicare?

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
one of the MARA Agents posted this on their FB page today.
Does that mean 491 visa holders entitled for Medicare?
That certainly seems to be what is implied according to the MARA agency that posted it:

"NewStars Migration Canberra
13 October at 17:06 ·
Breaking News
491 visa will have Medicare!
The department confirmed that holders of new skilled regional provisional visas 'will have the same access to to Medicare as Australian permanent residents', which means they can apply for a Medicare card.

Other issues such as property purchase, student payments and loans, and parental leave are also under discussion."
"

·
Registered
21,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That certainly seems to be what is implied according to the MARA agency that posted it:

"NewStars Migration Canberra
13 October at 17:06 ·
Breaking News
491 visa will have Medicare!
The department confirmed that holders of new skilled regional provisional visas 'will have the same access to to Medicare as Australian permanent residents', which means they can apply for a Medicare card.

Other issues such as property purchase, student payments and loans, and parental leave are also under discussion."
"
They are going out of the way to make the 491 as attractive as possible to make it a success
They want the doomsayer to be proved wrong
The credibility of Peter Dutton is at stake

Cheers

·
Registered
21,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
They are going out of the way to make the 491 as attractive as possible to make it a success
They want the doomsayer to be proved wrong
The credibility of Peter Dutton is at stake

Cheers
Indeed they are - and with the U-turn on Gold Coast / Perth now being considered regional - it will be interesting to see how this all plays out in practice (actual state nomination numbers).

I know the Premier of WA has said publicy he regrets having closed themselves to GSM visas and are hoping to reverse that folly with the inclusion of Perth now as a regional area.

You have to very careful when preparing such petitions
You have given the wrong heading as 191 instead of 491
You will become the laughing stock if you send this to the department

Cheers
Actually it is accurate NB, the petition is regarding the requirement that 491 holders have a taxable income of ~54k/pa for 3 years prior to being eligible for 191 - so it is regarding 191 eligibility.

Reactions: Iak2780 and EAU2452

·
Registered
139 Posts
You have to very careful when preparing such petitions

You have given the wrong heading as 191 instead of 491

You will become the laughing stock if you send this to the department

Cheers
Prettyisotonic has clarified what I have said and it is accurate. Let's do our bit and support the reduction of income.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Indeed they are - and with the U-turn on Gold Coast / Perth now being considered regional - it will be interesting to see how this all plays out in practice (actual state nomination numbers).

I know the Premier of WA has said publicy he regrets having closed themselves to GSM visas and are hoping to reverse that folly with the inclusion of Perth now as a regional area.

Actually it is accurate NB, the petition is regarding the requirement that 491 holders have a taxable income of ~54k/pa for 3 years prior to being eligible for 191 - so it is regarding 191 eligibility.
Is it officially confirmed (I still could not see Gold Coast as a region on their official web site)? Can you please share any link if you have ?

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Is it officially confirmed (I still could not see Gold Coast as a region on their official web site)? Can you please share any link if you have ?

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
Hi mate yes it is confirmed, David Coleman (Immigration Minister) and Scott Morrison (PM) said so in a joint media release - available here:

https://minister.homeaffairs.gov.au...ment-increases-regional-migration-target.aspx

"The definition of regional Australia for migration purposes will also change. Perth and the Gold Coast will no longer be classified as major cities, ensuring they remain an attractive destination for skilled migrants and international students.

The new definition will come into effect on 16 November."

Some media coverage that summed it up - https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-10-26/skilled-migrants-to-perth-and-gold-coast/11643316

Reactions: martinpopcevski

·
Registered
8 Posts
Now that Perth will be available for the 491 visa does anyone know if WA will drop the requirement for a job contract before application or is it too early to tell yet? My daughter is living in Perth but has only just gone onto her bridging 1a so she would not be able to sponsor us yet but if WA becomes available I would jump at the chance.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a query regarding 491 state nomination. is the criteria & occupation list same for 190 state nomination & 491 state nomination?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the following queries w.r.t 491

1. Will WA & SA have further requirements to be met in order to be eligible for 491 sponsored by either of these states?
2. What is the likely points to be invited during the first round of 491 invites?

With Perth & Gold Coast now coming under the regional category, I reckon the interest on 491 is going to suddenly spike.

·
Registered
178 Posts
So there are only 14000 places for each year for all states?Am i correct?t.If so how many invites can we expect for an accountant occupation for an example given that 550 occupations available?

·
Registered
21,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So there are only 14000 places for each year for all states?Am i correct?t.If so how many invites can we expect for an accountant occupation for an example given that 550 occupations available?
That 14,000 will be divided between the states as per a formula
Then the states are free to invite whosoever they want within that quota limit
They don’t have to invite all the Anzsco codes

Cheers

·
Registered
178 Posts

Cheers
So they can stop inviting accountants at all?that's scary:(

·
Registered
21,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
8 Posts

Cheers
Is it not 25,000 places for regional visa's?

As well as the reclassification of cities and provisions, the Australian government also announced it would up the number of visas set aside for regional migration by 2,000 to 25,000 and would provide priority processing for those major cities, other than Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.

1 - 20 of 1345 Posts