Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
In case of 489 visa. What is the min time to enter in Australia- Melbourne.And from when four years counting starts

regards

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Your visa letter will tell you the last possible date to validate your visa (= travel to Australia once to activate it). Since police clearance certificates and medicals have to be valid at the time of first entry and are only valid for a year, that date is usually 12 months from the earliest issue date on medicals/PCCs. You can return to your home country after the validation trip or move right-away.

Note that the 4 years validity starts ticking down immediately after the grant date. To quote from the 489 visa page:

Your visa is valid for four years from the date of grant.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your visa letter will tell you the last possible date to validate your visa (= travel to Australia once to activate it). Since police clearance certificates and medicals have to be valid at the time of first entry and are only valid for a year, that date is usually 12 months from the earliest issue date on medicals/PCCs. You can return to your home country after the validation trip or move right-away.

Note that the 4 years validity starts ticking down immediately after the grant date. To quote from the 489 visa page:

Hi
Thanks for reply, It mean I have to give first entry before PCC expire in my case it was valid for 6 months. How much min time I have to spend(in australia) in order to validate my visa.

Regards

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
There's no minimum time you need to stay when you validate your visa. If you choose to do so, you could simply clear Customs and get on the next flight home without ever leaving the airport.

Regardless of the dates shown on your police check, DIBP will consider them valid for 12 months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.