Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
If anyone is interested in joining the Telegram group, please send me a direct message and i shall share the link. Forum rules does not allow me to post the link directly here.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Just to update, quite a few 489/491 visa holders who are stuck outside Australia and losing precious time have united over a Telegram group and have been strategising hard on exactly how to make us heard by the Australian Govt. and DoHA. So if you are anyone you know are in a similar situation, please join the Telegram group. Please send me a direct message and I shall share the joining link. The more the better.

Cheers!

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
Just to update, quite a few 489/491 visa holders who are stuck outside Australia and losing precious time have united over a Telegram group and have been strategising hard on exactly how to make us heard by the Australian Govt. and DoHA. So if you are anyone you know are in a similar situation, please join the Telegram group. Please send me a direct message and I shall share the joining link. The more the better.

Cheers!
. I have just discovered this forum. My family and I are currently in the same situation. 489 visa entry date was in February 2021. I would really appreciate if you could give me more details about the Telegram group.

Kind Regards

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I am also in the same situation. Looks like Australia is very cautious and will be one of the last country to open its borders. Can some one send me the link for the Telegram group ? I tried to send a message to Jagornot , but getting the this error : As a new user, you have reached your conversation limit. Please come back and try again later.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I planned to come to Australia again after fulfilling the 1st entry requirement in May 18 and then completion of 3 months during the period from May to July 2019 following the requirements of the immigration till 14th December 2021 and therefore was supposed to be reporting to Australia in the month of December 2019 onwards.

However, due to rising cases of COVID-19 in the world initiated from China; keeping in view various International travel restrictions, I had to stay back so as to keep away from pandemic. So far, I and my family members have been able to successfully keep ourselves away from the infection.

Therefore, keeping in view the prevailing conditions and restrictions, it is my humble submission that please guide me a best possible to fulfil the visa requirements.

I shall be obliged for your kind favour.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I planned to come to Australia again after fulfilling the 1st entry requirement in May 18 and then completion of 3 months during the period from May to July 2019 following the requirements of the immigration till 14th December 2021 and therefore was supposed to be reporting to Australia in the month of December 2019 onwards.

However, due to rising cases of COVID-19 in the world initiated from China; keeping in view various International travel restrictions, I had to stay back so as to keep away from pandemic. So far, I and my family members have been able to successfully keep ourselves away from the infection.

Therefore, keeping in view the prevailing conditions and restrictions, it is my humble submission that please guide me a best possible to fulfil the visa requirements.

14th dec 2021 visa expiry.

·
Registered
23,839 Posts

Till the border restrictions are relaxed, you cannot enter Australia
Once the borders are opened, you can ask for extension of the visa and time for fulfilling the conditions
Till such time you have to wait
I presume you are not in healthcare
Cheers

·
Registered
36 Posts
It's so bloody that provisional visas cannot enter Australia while PR can.

Provisional visas are different from norman temporary visas (485, 500, etc.). Provisional visas like 489 and 491 got a clear pathway for PR. We contribute regional economy. Especially when 188 is also a provisional visa but they are free to get in Australia.

It's a shame that the government blocks so many eligible people from getting 189 or 190, gives them 489 or 491 instead and force them to pay the same fee, but treat them so differently. If it is 2015 or 2016 they may get their PRs straight away.

Hopefully the DHA can consider to let provisional 489 and 491 holders in, or consider to waive some requirements for 887 or 191, or even just simply extend their visas.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Perhaps is this why my 489 visa application is stuck since October 2019 without even a case officer being assigned? Despite paying bloody 4000 AUD. Can I please be added to this Telegram group as well?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Till the border restrictions are relaxed, you cannot enter Australia
Once the borders are opened, you can ask for extension of the visa and time for fulfilling the conditions
Till such time you have to wait
I presume you are not in healthcare
Cheers
Please add me in the telegram group

·
Registered
1 Posts
If anyone is interested in joining the Telegram group, please send me a direct message and i shall share the link. Forum rules does not allow me to post the link directly here.
Sorry, I don't konw how to send you message, Would you like to send me the telegram link?

41 - 57 of 57 Posts