Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
This is my first time posting here so forgive me if ive broken some posting rules.

I hold a subclass 489 visa as a dependent on my mum's visa. My visa was granted on 23 May 2013. The transition to PR requires me to stay locally for 2 years and work for at least 1.
The problem is that Ive started uni and its sooo expensive since i have to pay international student fees. I finished semester 1, btw my dad paid for it. I dont want to continue until I get my PR which will reduce my fees significantly.
So what are my options?
* I've completed year 11 and 12 in Australia.
* I am 20 years old.
* I got 8.5 in IELTS.
* Havent found a full time job yet.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
You do not need to work. You do need to live where your visa allows but only your mum as the main applicant has to work.

You need to stay in education until you get PR because you need to be dependent on your mum when she applies for PR. If you are not dependent ie employed, not in education, not living in the family home (other than if you lived in student halls) and not married or engaged. If you do not meet this dependency requirement you wont get PR.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.