Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everybody

its look like 489 visa has been stopped in may.

if anybody grant visa in APRIL OR MAY please do share your timeline here

thanks

·
Registered
191 Posts
I think SS applicants must wait until July because the quota of this year reached. I received this delay email. Have you got a same one?

I am writing to you regarding your application for an Australian skilled visa (subclass 489).

The visa for which you have applied is part of the Skilled Nominated category. The Migration Programme determines the maximum number of visas that can be granted in each visa category. Applications for this visa are processed in line with Migration Programme planning levels. These planning levels have precedence over indicative client service standard timeframes.

The Migration Programme planning level for the Skilled Nominated category now has limited number of places left for the 2014-15 program year. This means processing times will be longer and that once the remaining places are used, the Department cannot grant further visas in this category during this programme year.

As planning levels affect all applications, including those in the final stages of processing, I cannot give you an indication as to the likely timeframe for finalisation of your application.

In the meantime, I encourage you to continue checking the department’s website (Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection) for any updates regarding application processing or changes to the Skilled Migration Programme which may affect you.

I appreciate your patience in this matter.

Kind regards,

Brooke K
GSM Visa Processing Officer
General Skilled Migration Queensland
Department of Immigration and Border Protection
1800 720 656 (if located in Australia)
+61 7 31367000 (outside of Australia)
Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think SS applicants must wait until July because the quota of this year reached. I received this delay email. Have you got a same one?
i haven't got any delay mail. i think your occupation is in occupation ceiling list so u got this mail. My occupation is not in ceiling list.

and also you are in Flagged occupations

·
Registered
191 Posts
i haven't got any delay mail. i think your occupation is in occupation ceiling list so u got this mail. My occupation is not in ceiling list.

and also you are in Flagged occupations
Many occupations were in flagged list long time ago but still there now. I think they will not change much the SOL and CSOL because these lists effect to the amount of oversea students who are studying in Australia and they bring much money to this country. The one they only change is the requirement of visas.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Many occupations were in flagged list long time ago but still there now. I think they will not change much the SOL and CSOL because these lists effect to the amount of oversea students who are studying in Australia and they bring much money to this country. The one they only change is the requirement of visas.

Hi,

I am also ready with documents to apply.. What to do not know?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
191 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Visa 489 southern inland

Hello there. I am new in this thread. I have my medical request Feb 16, medical & clearance done March 16. Until now I haven't received yet any grant or notice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Visa 489 southern inland

Hello there. I am new in this forum. Received my medical request Feb 16 and done with clearance and medical March 16. But until now I have not receive yet ant grant or delay notice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
489 visa granting for Soth Australia

Hello there. I am new in this forum. Received my medical request Feb 16 and done with clearance and medical March 16. But until now I have not receive yet ant grant or delay notice.
I am new to this forum and my condition is the same.
I lodged my visa on 7th April 2015
Submited PCC and form 80 on 17th April 2015
Medicals uploaded via hospital on 19th Aprill 2015
Got a delay email on 11th May 2015

I didn't get any email about allocation of a case officer, how do you know that?

:welcome:

·
Registered
9 Posts
489 visa granting for Soth Australia

I didn't get any email about allocation of a case officer, how do you know that?

·
Registered
9 Posts
489 visa granting for South Australia

1 - 12 of 12 Posts