Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

482 visa processing time

171K views 973 replies 156 participants last post by  Usercs825 
#1 ·
I'm an Indian citizen working in Singapore. My TSS 482 Visa (Medium term) application filed by Fragomen on Dec 8th, 2021 and health clearance done on 18th Dec, 2021.Role is 261313 - Software Engineer. I can see the status of the application as "Received". Anyone has any idea by when I can expect the approval? Anyone's application filed around the same time as mine? Please share your experience.

I can see that in the Global visa processing time, 25% processed in 22 days. I was expecting my application to be processed in that timeline because I've submitted all the documentation including PCC and English Medium certificates from my educational institutions. Not sure if I can rely on the published timelines for an estimate. One of my friend who had the same application filed in sometime in September or October 2021 got approval within 2 days after health clearance! That was quite fast.

I'm awaiting mine, anyone has any related info please help to share.

#353 ·
The 482 application is processed by the Mara agent of the company in most cases
They will take care of it
You are not bothered
Cheers

#358 ·
Hi 482 friends,

Can we get this visa independently instead of sponsoring from companies? The current working company is not sponsoring for 482 visa
Can we get this visa through any reputed external agencies? can you please name few of them

Thanks

#359 ·
Only Employer can sponsor for 482.

#363 ·
Positive Update published on Study Travel

In the update, the Department said that measures it was taking measures including the recruitment of new staff and allowing overtime to facilitate visa processing over weekends and public holidays.
In a speech at the Universities Australia conference this week, the new Minister for Education, Jason Clare, said that more than 100 new members of staff have been taken on at the Department of Home Affairs in the last few weeks to address the backlog, while the Department said that “recruitment efforts are continuing at scale”.

#374 ·
Do we have any possibilities of a 482 visa rejection post S56 questions?? The reason for the question is, I have quit the current employer while the other 482 visa in Progress. I need to quit as they came to know my other employer visa via immigration question

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

#375 ·
Do we have any possibilities of a 482 visa rejection post S56 questions?? The reason for the question is, I have quit the current employer while the other 482 visa in Progress. I need to quit as they came to know my other employer visa via immigration question

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk
It would depend why the S56 was issued
If you have given any wrong information, then the chances of rejection are high
Cheers

#382 ·
Job in PMSOL
Accredited Sponsor
Medium stream
Individual application ( Single )

Application filed - 2nd May 2022
Request for medical / HAP generated - 14th June 2022
Medicals submitted - 6th July 2022 - delay as I couldn’t get slot and later hospital took 10 days to upload my reports
Application granted - 13th July 2022

Applied offshore from India via a reputed IT company. Grant for 2 years.

All those waiting, I hope you may receive your grants soon. All the very best. See you mates !

#388 ·
As part of a reputed IT organization, I can see that all PMSOL cases in my organization are getting the grants in 1 month from visa filing / medicals. But the applications being filed on ANZ codes not in PMSOL, all SLAs are seemingly breached!
My application (Business Analyst, medium-term, company sponsored) was filed on 4th March, Medicals on 25th March and as I check the SLAs in Global visa processing times, my case has now entered the bucket of 90% visa applications as I have already surpassed the 3 months max SLA for 75% applications. Now if my case or similar non-PMSOL medium-term cases will be entertained in 9 months or even beyond, no one knows!
Tried calling at the Phone number given on Overview on different days / times and stayed for 1 hr in the call but no one picks up at all!

Definitely non-PMSOL cases are being considered at the lowest priority by DHA, with no guarantees on timelines, no one to consult to and the applicants left to merely wait and watch with zero opportunity to plan anything.

#389 ·
As part of a reputed IT organization, I can see that all PMSOL cases in my organization are getting the grants in 1 month from visa filing / medicals. But the applications being filed on ANZ codes not in PMSOL, all SLAs are seemingly breached!
My application (Business Analyst, medium-term, company sponsored) was filed on 4th March, Medicals on 25th March and as I check the SLAs in Global visa processing times, my case has now entered the bucket of 90% visa applications as I have already surpassed the 3 months max SLA for 75% applications. Now if my case or similar non-PMSOL medium-term cases will be entertained in 9 months or even beyond, no one knows!
Tried calling at the Phone number given on Overview on different days / times and stayed for 1 hr in the call but no one picks up at all!

Definitely non-PMSOL cases are being considered at the lowest priority by DHA, with no guarantees on timelines, no one to consult to and the applicants left to merely wait and watch with zero opportunity to plan anything.
There is no pattern that is followed by visa office mate. So many PMSOL candidates waiting for more than 3 months including me :)

#397 ·
Hi guys. My employer has applied for a medium term TSS 482 visa for me last month. At the time of application they confirmed with me that my passport had a minimum validity of 6 months. But by the time my visa will get approved, my passport will have a remaining validity of less than 6 months, since processing times are over 2 months now.

Will this cause any problem in my visa grant?

If I get my passport renewed then I will get a new passport number and expiry date, which means I'll have to update my application details. Is this going be a problem?

Should I just wait or get my passport renewed?

#399 ·
Just get your passport renewed and enter the new passport details in the application if you have not received the grant
Why stress over such a small issue
Cheers

#398 ·
I can share a few points from my experience. My application was also lodged in last month, after that I did my medical on old passport number, but before Indian PCC I need to update my passport and I got my PCC on new passport number. If you have less than 6 months of validity, anyway you are not allowed to travel. And if you didn't get the grant that means there is a chance to update and if you upload the new passport number the grant will be on new passport number. see if this helps you in anyway.

#412 ·
New government figures have revealed, that the current visa backlog is 961,016 visa applications across all categories with some 560,187 lodged by people outside Australia.

This includes 57,906 skilled workers seeking permanent visas. Another 13,806 offshore visa applicants are seeking temporary visas.

We all are in this 13,806 lot, not sure when our applications will get picked.

#415 ·
Yep, Government is now priortizing 60k permanenet visa requests and not sure what's their take on 13.8k of the temporary visas. Could be further delayed, but to me it seems if anyone can get hands on temporary visa and has somewhat 80-85 points should apply PR asap when onshore. This'd probably be the 1st thing i'd do. lol

#421 ·
Hi guys, just wanted to share my visa timeline. Hope this helps.

TSS 482 Short term (2 years)
Sponsor not accredited
Onshore application
Nomination Lodged: 13-May-22
Visa Lodged: 13-May-22
Medical Exam: 27-May-22
Nomination Approved: 16-June-22
s56 Additional Info requested AFP Check: 18-Jul-22, status changed from Received to Initial Assessment
AFP Check uploaded: 19-Jul-22, status changed to Further Assessment
Visa Granted: 22-Jul-22

#422 ·
Some good news -
“Home Affairs Minister, Claire O’Neil, has confirmed the Department’s priority will be offshore skilled application with a focus on health, education and aged care. The reasoning behind this decision would fall within the need to first close the skill shortage gap in these critical areas.”

congrats mate!

#441 ·
I'm an Indian citizen working in Singapore. My TSS 482 Visa (Medium term) application filed by Fragomen on Dec 8th, 2021 and health clearance done on 18th Dec, 2021.Role is 261313 - Software Engineer. I can see the status of the application as "Received". Anyone has any idea by when I can expect the approval? Anyone's application filed around the same time as mine? Please share your experience.

I can see that in the Global visa processing time, 25% processed in 22 days. I was expecting my application to be processed in that timeline because I've submitted all the documentation including PCC and English Medium certificates from my educational institutions. Not sure if I can rely on the published timelines for an estimate. One of my friend who had the same application filed in sometime in September or October 2021 got approval within 2 days after health clearance! That was quite fast.

Hi,

Hi,

I am in a similar situation too. I got a job offer from an accredited sponsor and have applied for TSS 482 visa (medium term-partner included) via Australian agent, It has been more than 3 months I applied from India (after returning from New Zealand) and still waiting? Is it the same for others? I know Covid and budget cut and other things affecting it, but 3 months for accredited sponsors is ridiculous, I was expecting more professionalism from Aussie.!! Thanks Pradhan

#442 ·
Hi,
I am in a similar situation too. I got a job offer from an accredited sponsor and have applied for TSS 482 visa (medium term-partner included) via Australian agent, It has been more than 3 months I applied from India (after returning from New Zealand) and still waiting? Is it the same for others? I know Covid and budget cut and other things affecting it, but 3 months for accredited sponsors is ridiculous, I was expecting more professionalism from Aussie.!! Thanks Pradhan
I have been waiting for almost 4 months and my file has not been picked up yet. However good news is some lucky ones who have recently applied are getting visa in around 1 month, this just shows there is no process or procedure followed.