Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
61 - 80 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I really don't understand what's going on with Australia at the moment... everyone is begging for borders to be opened and workers let in. And here I see people waiting even for 482 visas?!?! One could even understand them being lenient on PR as it gives some rights to the holder but temporary visas? Common, this has to be a pre-election thing or something similar, some kind of political game they're playing for who knows what purpose.

Immigrating to Australia is becoming more like a Green Card lottery, they should at least make it official instead giving people false hope.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is an auto reply from DHA email in case individual visa enquires are made to them--

Due to the volume of nomination and visa applications, the Department is not able to respond to individual requests for processing updates on the status of their visa application. Responding to status enquiries diverts resources from processing applications, creating a further impact on processing times.

It is evident xthat they are not entertaining case enquiries and its very much unprecitable as to what is happening at Department!!

I really don't understand what's going on with Australia at the moment... everyone is begging for borders to be opened and workers let in. And here I see people waiting even for 482 visas?!?! One could even understand them being lenient on PR as it gives some rights to the holder but temporary visas? Common, this has to be a pre-election thing or something similar, some kind of political game they're playing for who knows what purpose.

Immigrating to Australia is becoming more like a Green Card lottery, they should at least make it official instead giving people false hope.
m

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is an auto reply from DHA email in case individual visa enquires are made to them--

Due to the volume of nomination and visa applications, the Department is not able to respond to individual requests for processing updates on the status of their visa application. Responding to status enquiries diverts resources from processing applications, creating a further impact on processing times.

It is evident xthat they are not entertaining case enquiries and its very much unprecitable as to what is happening at Department!!

m
The processing times have gone up. There is also an update on the website and mentioned why.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does it state only for PMSOL?
No, that is why I mentioned those are the timelines for non-PMSOL. I know cases where PMSOL occupation application are getting the visas within 1-3 months currently. So as per the global timeline I assumed 7-10 months for non-PMSOL. As 75% applications timeline is 5 months and 90% applications timeline is 10 months.
So either we have to wait for our ANSCO code to be in the PMSOL list or seems to be an indefinite wait :alien::giggle:

·
Registered
9 Posts
No, that is why I mentioned those are the timelines for non-PMSOL. I know cases where PMSOL occupation application are getting the visas within 1-3 months currently. So as per the global timeline I assumed 7-10 months for non-PMSOL. As 75% applications timeline is 5 months and 90% applications timeline is 10 months.
So either we have to wait for our ANSCO code to be in the PMSOL list or seems to be an indefinite wait :alien::giggle:
i am in PMSOL occupation list and VISA lodged on 17th Dec 2021 , i haven't received grant yet crossed 3 months already and Fragomen is anticipating grant somewhere during mid of this year (no gurantee's) , so definetly its not for non-PMSOL.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have completed my Medical assessment on Feb 28th. Now Visa stage in received status and also processing time is 36 days at the time of my petition filed .Recently last week processing time should be changed to 62 days,this will applicable to existing petition or new petitions.:unsure: please anyone let me know and how much time will take to finalized the visa

·
Registered
25,762 Posts
I have completed my Medical assessment on Feb 28th. Now Visa stage in received status and also processing time is 36 days at the time of my petition filed .Recently last week processing time should be changed to 62 days,this will applicable to existing petition or new petitions.:unsure: please anyone let me know and how much time will take to finalized the visa
The global processing times are just an indication of the time taken for processing for that class of visa
But it’s not a service delivery guarantee
There are cases where the applicants are waiting for several months and even close to a year.
No one can predict how much time it will take for grant
Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
It is irrespective of existing or new petition. They have mentioned that they are even processing applications from 2020. So, as per their Ministerial Directions 87 and 88, the Department is required to prioritise certain applications ahead of others. If your application will fall under those criteria, it will be prioritsed and expected to come early, else it will take time. It depends on lot of factor. Currently, what is the ANZSCO code for which your application has been filed?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

My TSS short term 482 visa was lodged today and i was wondering if anyone from the UK has had their Visa back as yet? if so how long it took? Ive seen from 26 days to 7 months any help would be great.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The global processing times are just an indication of the time taken for processing for that class of visa
But it’s not a service delivery guarantee
There are cases where the applicants are waiting for several months and even close to a year.
No one can predict how much time it will take for grant
Cheers
Thanks.. God only knows the exact time for processing our petition.:D

61 - 80 of 160 Posts