Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

does anyone know the fee breakdown for this visa? Borders Au website shows around 360AUD but when i want to submit my application online, it shows 1080AUD.

I dont have any additional applicants that might affect the visa fee.

Advice needed. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so i've found out that the additional charges are due to my family members.

I've put them under the "Other family member" category and yet it still shows up on the price.

Any idea?

·
Registered
76 Posts
so i've found out that the additional charges are due to my family members.

I've put them under the "Other family member" category and yet it still shows up on the price.

Any idea?

Check to ensure that you've not ticked your family members as TRAVELLING WITH YOU. If you indicate that they'll be travelling with you, then you have to pay for their visas. It doesn't matter where you filled them under, what matters is your response to the question of whether or not each of the family members you filled will be travelling with you to OZ.

Confirm that you've not made this error, then come back with more details and we'll see how to help you further.

PS: the application fee for the principal applicant is AUD360

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check to ensure that you've not ticked your family members as TRAVELLING WITH YOU. If you indicate that they'll be travelling with you, then you have to pay for their visas. It doesn't matter where you filled them under, what matters is your response to the question of whether or not each of the family members you filled will be travelling with you to OZ.

Confirm that you've not made this error, then come back with more details and we'll see how to help you further.

PS: the application fee for the principal applicant is AUD360
Erm, I've checked the online application form, there arent any boxes that i could tick that my family members will be travelling with me.

The only relevant tick box regarding that is as attached in the picture.

Any ideas? thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Erm, I've checked the online application form, there arent any boxes that i could tick that my family members will be travelling with me.

The only relevant tick box regarding that is as attached in the picture.

Any ideas? thanks in advance.
Pls check very well, for each family member included in your application, there's a question similar to the one below:
"IS THIS PERSON TRAVELLING WITH YOU?"

This isn't a separate section, but comes up while filling the information for each relative or family member. So, if you included say 5 family members, you'll have to answer the question 5 times, once for each family member.

So, on the online form, pls expand the section for each family member and review the details. You expand by clicking on the name of the family member or clicking the + sign to the right of each family member. Then, look through to see if you've selected YES to the question above.

The solution you seek isn't far from the above. I applied for 476 in January 2016 and got the grant in March 2016. So, it's still fresh in my heard. You'll encounter the same when completing FORM 80.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Pls find attached photos to help you.

1. You need to add all your family members under the NON ACCOMPANYING DEPENDENTS section on the online application form as highlighted on the attached photo with a rectangle, good and coffee. This should solve the problem.

2. You'll need to tick NO in the circled sections of FORM 80 in the attached photo. This is not needed now.

If option 1 above doesn't resolve the issue with payment, then there's more to it and you'll have to contact DIBP directly.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pls find attached photos to help you.

1. You need to add all your family members under the NON ACCOMPANYING DEPENDENTS section on the online application form as highlighted on the attached photo with a rectangle, good and coffee. This should solve the problem.

2. You'll need to tick NO in the circled sections of FORM 80 in the attached photo. This is not needed now.

If option 1 above doesn't resolve the issue with payment, then there's more to it and you'll have to contact DIBP directly.
Hi, thanks for your detailed explanation. :D

I've move my family members under the non accompanying dependents section, but the visa fees still remain the same.

And i didnt see any section that can be expanded to show "is this person travelling with you?"

I have to trouble you to show me where i can do that in the online form.

really looking forward to your help if possible.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi, thanks for your detailed explanation. :D

I've move my family members under the non accompanying dependents section, but the visa fees still remain the same.

And i didnt see any section that can be expanded to show "is this person travelling with you?"

I have to trouble you to show me where i can do that in the online form.

really looking forward to your help if possible.
I'm sorry about the misleading information, that question is only encountered while filling FORM 80 as shown on one of the attachments above. For the online application form, all you had to do was place them under the NON ACCOMPANYING DEPENDENTS section which you said you've already done.

At this point, I do not see how I can be of help any further as I was confident that removing all family members from the accompanying dependents section and placing them under the non accompanying dependents section should have resolved the issue. I'll leave more experienced forumites to assist with the best information.

As a last resort, carefully review your application form to be sure that YOU'VE COMPLETELY DELETED EVERY INFORMATION (Not even a letter) IN THE ACCOMPANYING DEPENDENTS SECTION. If you're certain of filling every section correctly, then you should delete that application and START A FRESH (NEW) APPLICATION, this time, making sure you fill every section correctly.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hello everyone , i am new to this community and seeking support
I have heard a lot about this website and have been following it for a long time , but i feel this was the right time for me to register and seek advise from all you guys.

I have applied as computer and netwrok engineer ( skilled indepedant 189 ) with 65 points , and would like to know what are my chances to get an invitation on 6th july 2016.

Also i would like to know if i get invited and once i get the pr , for how long is the pr valid and is it mandatory to validate the pr by landing in australia , coz i will be applying with my family so can i visit myself or do i need to take them
All and do entry.

Which is a good city in australia , for a better job prospect and social security
Hello,

There are very good, active and resourceful threads on this forum dedicated specifically to 189 visa. I'm following these threads as I also have my eyes on 189. So, I advise you to hook up with the nice peeps there for best answers.

Your Visa will state your INITIAL ENTRY DATE, you must arrive OZ before the stated time to validate your visa. You can leave at anytime once your visa has been validated.

For your profession, I learned Sydney and Melbourne, and neighbouring suburbs are best cities, but it all depends on you and the prevailing market conditions.

Best wishes

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello,

There are very good, active and resourceful threads on this forum dedicated specifically to 189 visa. I'm following these threads as I also have my eyes on 189. So, I advise you to hook up with the nice peeps there for best answers.

Your Visa will state your INITIAL ENTRY DATE, you must arrive OZ before the stated time to validate your visa. You can leave at anytime once your visa has been validated.

For your profession, I learned Sydney and Melbourne, and neighbouring suburbs are best cities, but it all depends on you and the prevailing market conditions.

Best wishes
Hello catchdwind,

my payment problem is due to their website issue. They have resolved it.

By the way, what kind of insurance you have arranged when you are applying for this visa?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hello catchdwind,

my payment problem is due to their website issue. They have resolved it.

By the way, what kind of insurance you have arranged when you are applying for this visa?
Hello Naixiew,
It's nice to know you've been ableto get passed that challenge.
I didn't arrange any insurance (medicare or so) since I'm offshore. All I did was a medical assessment at one of the listed medical centres and a polio vaccination. That sufficed for my case.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts