Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

I just completed Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering from Monash University Malaysia campus. Now I am applying for Visa 476 online.

However, I have a problem with one particular stage of the online application. Hope somebody here can help me out with this.

But first, let me explain my situation. One of my sisters already lives in Australia, she is a citizen. My parents visited her in 2009.

I listed my parents and my sister under "Other Family Members" in an early part of the application.

In a later stage of the application, I am asked, "Have you or any person included in this application previously been to Australia, held or currently hold a visa for travel to Australia?"

When I select "Yes" as an answer to this question, they ask for the details of the visa holder, to which, I can ONLY select MY NAME from a drop down menu. I can neither provide my sister's name (currently living in Australia) nor my parent's name (visited Australia in 2009) there.

I would really appreciate some help with this issue. Looking forward to a reply soon.

Thank you!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi All!

I just completed Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering from Monash University Malaysia campus. Now I am applying for Visa 476 online.

However, I have a problem with one particular stage of the online application. Hope somebody here can help me out with this.

But first, let me explain my situation. One of my sisters already lives in Australia, she is a citizen. My parents visited her in 2009.

I listed my parents and my sister under "Other Family Members" in an early part of the application.

In a later stage of the application, I am asked, "Have you or any person included in this application previously been to Australia, held or currently hold a visa for travel to Australia?"

When I select "Yes" as an answer to this question, they ask for the details of the visa holder, to which, I can ONLY select MY NAME from a drop down menu. I can neither provide my sister's name (currently living in Australia) nor my parent's name (visited Australia in 2009) there.

I would really appreciate some help with this issue. Looking forward to a reply soon.

Thank you!
Hi,

You can find only your name in the drop down box because, your sister and parents are not your dependants in your application. Visa details would only be necessary for primary applicant and his/her dependant applicants. Family details are just for information to be filled out in the eaerlier part of application, you will not be demanded for their visa status or any other documents pertaining to them.

Regards,
Sharonne

1 - 3 of 3 Posts