Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 3884 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys :),

I have lodged my 476 Recognised Graduate Australian visa application on 22 April, 2012. I would really appreciate your advice on the following issues as I am really confused and don't know how to go about them. I haven't receive any contact from CO yet but according to the Immi website, it could take another 1 month which is okay. Now, here we go:

1- If case officer contacted you asking for PCC and Health Cert., does that means you are going to get the visa? or they still can refuse even though your PCC and health has no prob at all? please advice!

2- I understand that CO will give only 28days to submit PCC and health. Is it possible to extend that deadline? I need at least 3 months to complete the PCC from 2 countries.

3- IF I was lucky and got the Visa Grant! How much time I have before my grant is expired? and is there any way I can extend that Duration?

Finally Thank you very much and my sincere apologies for asking so many questions :clap2:.

Regards,

Ghassan

·
Registered
199 Posts
dragongx said:
Hi Guys :),

I have lodged my 476 Recognised Graduate Australian visa application on 22 April, 2012. I would really appreciate your advice on the following issues as I am really confused and don't know how to go about them. I haven't receive any contact from CO yet but according to the Immi website, it could take another 1 month which is okay. Now, here we go:

1- If case officer contacted you asking for PCC and Health Cert., does that means you are going to get the visa? or they still can refuse even though your PCC and health has no prob at all? please advice!

2- I understand that CO will give only 28days to submit PCC and health. Is it possible to extend that deadline? I need at least 3 months to complete the PCC from 2 countries.

3- IF I was lucky and got the Visa Grant! How much time I have before my grant is expired? and is there any way I can extend that Duration?

Finally Thank you very much and my sincere apologies for asking so many questions :clap2:.

Regards,

Ghassan
1.) All my friends who applied for 476 got approved so unless they discover some fraud or some major unexpected changes were announced, you should be granted a visa.

2.) You can extend the deadline. Just inform your CO and the reasons.

3.) 476 is only good for 18 months I think, so you need to move to oz as soon as possible. Then from there, it's either you find an employer willing to sponsor you or apply for onshore immigrant visa

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx!

1.) All my friends who applied for 476 got approved so unless they discover some fraud or some major unexpected changes were announced, you should be granted a visa.

2.) You can extend the deadline. Just inform your CO and the reasons.

3.) 476 is only good for 18 months I think, so you need to move to oz as soon as possible. Then from there, it's either you find an employer willing to sponsor you or apply for onshore immigrant visa

Dear TheEndofDays, Thanks a lot and really appreciate it:clap2:! Regarding Q3, I was just wondering about the duration given by immi before landing, meaning how long I have from the time my application is approved until the last date in which I can enter OZ? Thanks again and wish you a great day!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi Dragon GX,

I'm in mid of applying for sub class 476.I just wanna ask you few questions.
1) Did you apply online? If so what documents did you upload ?
2) Since I'm uploading scanned original documents I have a question about it... do I need to get those certified and then scan ? or just scan the originals and upload it raw??

Many Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi there!

There we go: 1) I applied online, required docs are your recognized engineering degree, Birth Cert, passpt, form 1221 and 80 and Ielts(please follow your checklist as I may forgot something); 2) no need for certification, just scan in colour and upload!. they will probably contact you 2 months later asking for the PCC and health.

Regards

Hi Dragon GX,

I'm in mid of applying for sub class 476.I just wanna ask you few questions.
1) Did you apply online? If so what documents did you upload ?
2) Since I'm uploading scanned original documents I have a question about it... do I need to get those certified and then scan ? or just scan the originals and upload it raw??

Many Thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks for your prompt reply.So you got your CO already? What did she/he request in addition ??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello!
I applied for my 476 visa and got approved recently. Here is my timeline, in case it's of any help.

Lodgement Date: 25th March, 2012.
Contacted by CO: 9th of May, 2012.
Visa granted: 15th of June, 2012.

First documents I uploaded were quite standard: birth certificate, engineering degree, passport, etc. (just raw color scans, nothing fancy). I was then asked for police certificates and was granted the visa without any need to provide medical examinations (was relieved as they are a bit expensive).

I see no reason why they would refuse you the visa if everything is OK.

I was then asked for police certificates to be uploaded in the following 28 days. I was also told that if it would take longer, there was no problem, I just had to prove that I was in the process of requesting it (by providing a receipt, for example).

The 18-month period starts when you enter Australia, not when you are granted the visa.
You are given 6-months from the day they grant you the visa to enter Australia and start the 18-month period. I haven't looked into pushing that date back since I don't need to.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,

I just lodged my application for the 476 visa online, and I've got a couple of questions that need to be clarified. When I log in to check my application status, the documents checklist looks as follows ,

Birth certificate or other evidence of age Required Message
Copy of your passport Personal Particulars/Photo (bio-data) page Required Message
IELTS English Test Report Results Required Message
Evidence of overseas qualifications Required Message
Character Requirements Penal Clearance Certificates Required Message
Passport photo Required Message
Form 160EH - Radiologist report on chest x-ray Required Message
Form 26EH - Medical Examination for an Australian visa Required Message

1) The PCC and Medical examination need not to be submitted unless requested by a CO, is it? Should I wait till a CO contacts me by email, or should I start obtaining these documents immediately?

2) I studied in Malaysia for three years, but was never there consecutively for an year or more. The duration of stay was always 6-8 months. Should I be obtaining a PCC from the Malaysian Police as well ?

3) Should I be filling out the form 1276 to be submitted with the online application ?

Thank you very much...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Ghassan,

Do you mind sharing, which University you graduated form?
By any chance, do you think University Malaysia Sabah would qualify for the 476 visa?
Many thanks!

Regards

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there!

There we go: 1) I applied online, required docs are your recognized engineering degree, Birth Cert, passpt, form 1221 and 80 and Ielts(please follow your checklist as I may forgot something); 2) no need for certification, just scan in colour and upload!. they will probably contact you 2 months later asking for the PCC and health.

Regards
some question though about applying online

1. Was the form you used by online application is 1221 and 80? So the 1276 form basically for those who use paper application? We dont need to fill 1276 via online then?

2. Even so the scanned originals dont need to be certified, is it still need to be translated into English?

I see some differences of required documents in online application compared to via post. Since i think the online lodgement correlate with a shorter time period of processing (people said take 1-2 months) rather than paper/courier lodgement (up to 7 months, the official site said so). However i dont have any passport yet so i couldnt see the whole documents that are needed in online lodgement.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Shel,

Thanks for the reply and the link. I assure you that I've spent a considerable good amount of time browsing through immi.gov.au and collecting essential infos before I began posting questions in the thread.
Anyway back to the question, what I meant to ask was.. given the list of the recognised institutes for South East Asia region, will other equally recognised university (but not listed on the list in immi.gov.au) from a same country of origin (in this case Malaysia), by any chance be given the same recognition by Australian as well?
If it is so, it would save heaps of hassle that I presume many of us would have to go through (considering point based visas) just for gainning some Australian work experience..

G

·
No I'm afraid not, only graduates of the universities listed are eligible for this visa. You are able to go for degree for assessment for a skilled visa though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
No I'm afraid not, only graduates of the universities listed are eligible for this visa. You are able to go for degree for assessment for a skilled visa though.
Thanks for a very quick reply!
That said, my obvious option would be to go for a 189/190 visa with a +ve Skills Assessment in hand right?

Thanks again..

G

·
Yes if you meet the points requirement, have the required IELTS score and a positive skills assessment make an expression of intrest. The more points you have and if you have state sponsorship the more quickly you will get an invite to apply.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Top universitities not in

I have a very important question here. I want to apply for this subclass visa 476 but my university is not in. Why is that Cambridge and Cardiff University not in when it is one of the leading engineering universities in the UK? Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

I completed an Engineering degree from the university
listed in the recognised oversea institutions. My graduation date was 25
March 2010 which just passed 2 years time. In this visa requirements, it is
written as "This visa is for you if you completed an Engineering degree at
a recognised overseas institution in the last two years." Could you please
advise me if I am still eligible for applying this visa?

Kromanluv

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
Hello,

I completed an Engineering degree from the university
listed in the recognised oversea institutions. My graduation date was 25
March 2010 which just passed 2 years time. In this visa requirements, it is
written as "This visa is for you if you completed an Engineering degree at
a recognised overseas institution in the last two years." Could you please
advise me if I am still eligible for applying this visa?

Kromanluv
Unfortunately, you are no longer eligible. You would have needed to apply for this visa within 2 years of the date of your graduation.

You could still apply for another skilled visa, provided that you meet the eligibility requirements of that particular visa class.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Unfortunately, you are no longer eligible. You would have needed to apply for this visa within 2 years of the date of your graduation.

You could still apply for another skilled visa, provided that you meet the eligibility requirements of that particular visa class.
Thanks so much for your answer. I will try other visa then.

1 - 20 of 3884 Posts