Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I just noticed the following rules for UK Visa and Passport Photos:

A) Measure 45 millimetres (mm) high by 35mm wide (the standard size used in photo booths in the UK)
B) Not be a cut down version of a larger picture
C) If you use a photo booth outside the UK, check it can give you photos that measure 45 mm high by 35mm wide.

I can not find anywhere near me in the United States that can fulfill these requirements. I do not live near a Walgreens as I've seen others suggest when I search on Google but it sounds like they trim the photos anyways. There is a lot of conflicting information and I would like your input.

I can certainly take an professional quality picture using my own equipment, use an online template for the correct measurements, and print it out on 4x6 paper locally.

My concern with this route is I am not sure if I should include the full 4x6 grid of smaller uncut pictures or if I should carefully cut out a single image of my face to the appropriate size guidelines.

What have you guys done?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hi,

I'd assume, if you send uncut one, they'd still accept it- they can't refuse you a visa for this and if they do then that'd be silly!

I think you should send cut, single photos as mentioned in the guidelines. It doesn't have to be precisely 45mm x 35mm. I always use my DSLR and Photoshop to make the 4x7 card, print them our at local Boots and cut it by myself using a retractable (Stanley) knife. I just keep a rough dimension and when I measured it after cutting it, its not exactly as required, yet it's been accepted.

·
Registered
111 Posts
they cannot know if it was cut if its looks properly cut (not random by a 5yr old). i cut my passport photos cos they were the wrong size, for EEA QP application - but nevertheless.

obviously if your hair touches the top of the cut photo they can guess, but if it looks normal then its prolly gonna be fine.

i dont think anyone here can assure you that "oh if you just tell home office you dont live near wallgreens they will be okay with whatever size"... so u just have to find a way :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.