Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, we are hoping to get sponsorship to move to Perth. My husband has an interview next week.
Has anyone undertaken the 457 visa? Any tips would be appreciated!
Also, should we use a immigration agent or do the application ourselves?

Thanks!! :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi Nellie,

Welcome to the group. This website can get you started with the information you need. It details about the 457 and a couple of other employer sponsored visas.

Visa Options - Employer Sponsored Workers - Workers - Visas & Immigration

As far as I understand , you can lodge the application by yourself or your agent can do it for you.

In my hubby's case, his employer's agent will do it for us. The waiting time for processing the visa is 4-6 weeks depending on your nationality and how soon your documentation is complete. For other details you can check the website link.

Good Luck to you and your husband .:)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Best of luck with the interview, I came over to Perth three years ago on 457 as I work for Local Government they handled everything on my behalf, we got the visa within a matter of weeks. You will need to get x-rays done and the best place for that was up near the Science museum in London as they send the images electronically direct to immigration dept (I assume that the process has not changed).
We just heard yesterday that our application for PR has been approved so looks like we are here to stay, if I can be of any further assistance with your proposed move to Perth please do not hesitate to ask..

Colin.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Best of luck with the interview, I came over to Perth three years ago on 457 as I work for Local Government they handled everything on my behalf, we got the visa within a matter of weeks. You will need to get x-rays done and the best place for that was up near the Science museum in London as they send the images electronically direct to immigration dept (I assume that the process has not changed).
We just heard yesterday that our application for PR has been approved so looks like we are here to stay, if I can be of any further assistance with your proposed move to Perth please do not hesitate to ask..

Colin.
Hi Colin,

Thanks for your response . Congrats on your PR :clap2: I have a question regarding the route you took to apply for PR. If my hubby and I like Aussieland, we do intend taking a PR. Did you go through the employer sponsored route or your own sponsorship? Nellie2010 - Sorry that I am kind of hijacking your thread but I thought its a related question and may make sense to continue in the same thread as it may help you as well.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi Xayla,

No problem, I am over 50 and therefore it was employer sponsored via Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the replies! Really appreciate it.

I believe my husbands job will do the paperwork also, so my next question is should we use an immigration agent?? We have one who is trying to get us to sign a contract ASAP but its going to cost us £2500 for their assistance. Do we really need one?

I'm quite anxious about the move but really really excited. My main concern is the spiders as I have a serious serious phobia....is there really as many around as people say there is?

Noelle.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thank you for the replies! Really appreciate it.

I believe my husbands job will do the paperwork also, so my next question is should we use an immigration agent?? We have one who is trying to get us to sign a contract ASAP but its going to cost us £2500 for their assistance. Do we really need one?

I'm quite anxious about the move but really really excited. My main concern is the spiders as I have a serious serious phobia....is there really as many around as people say there is?

Noelle.
Hi Nellie 2010,

If your husband's offfice will do the paperwork , I am curious as to why wouldnt they pay the immigration agent's fees or better still they would have their own immigration agent who would do it for you?

Regarding the spider's thing- I have no clue :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well I have seen plenty of spiders, fortunately none of the nasty ones and it's perfectly normal to be anxious about the move....I guess it's all down to personal preference I was fortunate that all the application process was handled by an organisation hired by my employer, I don't think it's difficult to do yourself and it's quite a saving if you can. I am not best qualified to answer that one, perhaps others will read and offer you valuable advice?

Cheers

Colin....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.