Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

457 Visa - working restrictions for Correctional Services

1286 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  Dolly

I'm looking for some advice on the restrictions of working on a 457 visa. My husband and I are moving across to Sydney from the UK on my husbands 457 visa. He's sorted as far as sponsership goes, however I am after the advice on what my restrictions are.

My career background is working in the probation service, and I would hope to try and find another position within the NSW Correctional Services Department, however I cannot find any information relating as to whether I can actually work for them on this temporary visa. The Western Australia Government website says that I can - in their state - however the NSW website does not say anything.

If anyone has any information on this, i would really appreciate it. If I'm unable to work within this Department until I am made a permanent resident, I'm going to have to find another career path quick smart.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Hi there,

Welcome to the forum.

If you look at this link Temporary Business (Long Stay) - Standard Business Sponsorship (Subclass 457) it states "Any secondary applicants granted this visa are given full work and study rights."

If you haven't already, why not email the Correctional Services Department and ask the question. I'm sure it won't be the first time it's been asked.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.