Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people!

Lets say for example that I got 457 visa. Does anybody know how much time I have to come to Australia? I don't have to come right away, right? Are there any time limits?

Thanks,
Miljan

G

·
Yes you will have to come straight away. The 457 is employer sponsored so the employer will be waiting for you to start your job. You can not hang around in Serbia waiting to migrate when you fancy due to that and the fact that under the terms of this visa you must work for the nominating employer in a full time position or the visa will be withdrawn.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot shel. I asked this because friend of mine has his own company in Sydney and he would like to give me a job. Unfortunately, currently he doesn't have any projects, but he can get a project in a week or two or a month or two, he doesn't know that and I would like to be "prepared" for work, but obviously it is not an option.

Anyway, thanks for the answer. Enjoy!

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
Thanks a lot shel. I asked this because friend of mine has his own company in Sydney and he would like to give me a job. Unfortunately, currently he doesn't have any projects, but he can get a project in a week or two or a month or two, he doesn't know that and I would like to be "prepared" for work, but obviously it is not an option.

Anyway, thanks for the answer. Enjoy!
I would suggest that if your friend is interesting in sponsoring people from abroad, he first needs to get approval to become a business sponsor from DIAC. This is a very thorough process which can take months and involves the submission of numerous documents to prove that the business is legitimate, is profitable enough to be able to afford overseas employees and that there is a genuine need for the position being created. Without this approval, he CANNOT sponsor anyone.

Additionally, without having an established business and certainly with no work on his books, his chances of getting approved as a business sponsor are very very slim.

If you do want to migrate, I would suggest that you either apply for a PR visa or alternatively try and find a reputable company, who is capable of offering 457 visa sponsorships.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would suggest that if your friend is interesting in sponsoring people from abroad, he first needs to get approval to become a business sponsor from DIAC. This is a very thorough process which can take months and involves the submission of numerous documents to prove that the business is legitimate, is profitable enough to be able to afford overseas employees and that there is a genuine need for the position being created. Without this approval, he CANNOT sponsor anyone.

Additionally, without having an established business and certainly with no work on his books, his chances of getting approved as a business sponsor are very very slim.

If you do want to migrate, I would suggest that you either apply for a PR visa or alternatively try and find a reputable company, who is capable of offering 457 visa sponsorships.
Maz25 - thanks for the brief response. I know you cannot get SBS if you don't have any income / projects, but friend of mine expects to get projects in the near future, because he is in IT industry and has a lot of experience in that field.

The only think I didn't know is that SBS procedure can take so much time. Do you have some other links with description of SBS process, processing times and so on?

Thanks,

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
I know that, I found all the necessary information about SBS here: Temporary Business (Long Stay) - Standard Business Sponsorship (Subclass 457). What I wanted to know is where did you find following information "This is a very thorough process which can take months"?

regards,
From reading through all the threads on various forums where people have complained that they have been waiting for months and in some cases had the own visa rejected because the sponsor could not get past the first hurdle.

From speaking to my previous employer (a good employer will always let you know the process they have to go through and how long it normally takes and keep you updated as to what they are doing) who had loads of people on sponsored visas - including myself when I worked from them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks a lot Maz25! I tried to get this information few months ago but nobody replied to my thread then. I will definitely talk to my friend about this.

Wish you all the best!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.