Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hai friends,

I am working in australia on 457 visa. my visa will expire on 10 of november,
My employer making arrangements to extend my contract, But it looks like the paper work will complete by the last week of november. So, how can i stay in australia in between 10 th of november and up to last week of november. Please, let me know the possiblities,,,,,

thanks,,

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hi, thank u for u r reply, i am working in wollongong, pls, confirm that i have to go to sydney cbd or paramitta,,,,,thanks

G

·
Makes no difference which office you go to but you cant apply for a bridging visa until your new 457 has been lodged. But you have 90 days before you have to leave the country anyway. You just can work in between your visa expiring and the new one being lodged when you get the bridging visa.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dear shell,
thank you very much for reply. So, there is no need to apply for any visa up to 90 days from november 10(my current 457 expiry date). if i am not right pls, correct me,

thanks in advance,

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
dear shell,
thank you very much for reply. So, there is no need to apply for any visa up to 90 days from november 10(my current 457 expiry date). if i am not right pls, correct me,

thanks in advance,
Yes, you are allowed to remain in the country for up to 90 days after the expiry date but if you leave during that time, you will not be able to re-enter. You could take a domestic holiday between then and when your new 457 comes through.

·
Registered
354 Posts
dear shell, thank you very much for reply. So, there is no need to apply for any visa up to 90 days from november 10(my current 457 expiry date). if i am not right pls, correct me, thanks in advance,
Ramesh, none of them are immigration consultants. If you still have queries best People to approach is DIAC, pick up a phone and speak.

G

·
Actually if you do your research and use a registered migration agent and pay accordingly instead of going for the cheapest and nearest thus often not qualified or registered you will get the correct information and help from your agent.

DIBP are not immigration advisors. They are government clerks who process visas, offer very basic telepgone and couter assistance and push papers around for a government agenda.

As an example I was informed by my CO at DIAC that I as a then 309 spouse visa holder was sponsor for my sons child visa. They were insisting I refill the sponsorship forms etc. After a 10 min telephone 'debate' with me trying to explain i was a non citizen nor a PR holder so was not eligible to sponsor. They refused to listen and repeated their demands for new paperwork. I then emailed them the links from diac.gov on sponsors for child visas & cut & paste their information showing it was in fact my citizen husband who was the sponsor. Didn't get an apology but they didn't request the new documents again!

·
Registered
301 Posts
hai friends,

I am working in australia on 457 visa. my visa will expire on 10 of november,
My employer making arrangements to extend my contract, But it looks like the paper work will complete by the last week of november. So, how can i stay in australia in between 10 th of november and up to last week of november. Please, let me know the possiblities,,,,,

thanks,,
Hi rameshuow,

If you interpret your visa rules precisely, you are entitled to stay within Australia till 10th Nov. Starting from 11th Nov you will have 90 days to either lodge a new application for an extension or to transfer to another visa subclass. During this time (I mean during these 90 days) you will be still regarded as a 457 visa holder unless your current sponsor withdraw his sponsorship or someone else takes over your sponsorship.

The answer to the second part of your question is YES you are lawfully allowed to stay in Australia. However, it's always good to get in touch with DIBP and explain your current situation.

Hope this helps.

:)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Guys,

After waiting for ages with no invitation for the 2613 occupations I have asked my company to sponsor for my visa. My Visa expires by January 15th 2014 :(

got few questions regarding 457 visa

1. my company already submitted the Sponsorship and nomination application. How long will it take to proceed further to next stage?

2. if any one in this forum who recently granted 457 visa can you share your experience here.

3. is it good to process myself or go through Migration agent?

Many thanks!

sathish

ACS+ 261312 29/09/2011 :: IELTS 7 all :: EOI Submitted on 7th July 2013 60points :: Invitation ?? :pray:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hello every one,

I was contacted DIAC, They told that, I have have to leave the country before november 10. I can do a fresh 457 application from there, when i got offer letter from uni.

Thank you all,

Please, advice me, Can I do tax return and super annulation claims now?, Is it right to do, may be I will return to australia after two months on a new visa.
waiting for reps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts