Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
Myself Madhu from India.
Recently I have got a sponsorship from a recruiting company in India to work under direct payroll of a company which is set up in Australia. I have received CTC/contract letter from sponsoring company but no direct emails/docs from Employer till date. I have been asked to complete medical examination with the HAP id given by sponsoring company.
I need some valuable inputs from you people. I have no clue about how genuine is this and has the visa has been really lodged or how do i track what is happening. Kindly help me. Appreciate your response here.

Regards,
Madhu

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Hello Everyone,
Myself Madhu from India.
Recently I have got a sponsorship from a recruiting company in India to work under direct payroll of a company which is set up in Australia. I have received CTC/contract letter from sponsoring company but no direct emails/docs from Employer till date. I have been asked to complete medical examination with the HAP id given by sponsoring company.
I need some valuable inputs from you people. I have no clue about how genuine is this and has the visa has been really lodged or how do i track what is happening. Kindly help me. Appreciate your response here.

Regards,
Madhu
Refer to this link here about 457 visa https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/457-abolition-replacement

Has the recruiting company asked for any payments. You need to make sure not to pay anything as it could be a scam. Is the Recruiting Agency a well known one? this is one important question?

Ask the recruiting agency to also provide you with the TRN number of the visa application which is generated when the visa is lodged

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, Thank your for the response. Money wise i have been asked to pay 40,000 rupees towards medical insurance which can be reimbursed after joining they said. Yes they have shared TRN /Nomination number in the lodgement screenshot not explicitly. I have no clue what is happening in the background as i have not privealage to track the status. All i have to call one person and follow up. So kindly help me how can i check independently if this is genuine.

Warm Regards,
Madhu

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Has the recruiting company asked for any payments. You need to make sure not to pay anything as it could be a scam. Is the Recruiting Agency a well known one? this is one important question?

Ask the recruiting agency to also provide you with the TRN number of the visa application which is generated when the visa is lodged[/quote]

Hi Vikas,
Thank your for the response. Money wise i have been asked to pay 40,000 rupees towards medical insurance which can be reimbursed after joining they said. Yes they have shared TRN /Nomination number in the lodgement screenshot not explicitly. I have no clue what is happening in the background as i have not privealage to track the status. All i have to call one person and follow up. So kindly help me how can i check independently if this is genuine.

Warm Regards,
Madhu

·
Registered
25,757 Posts
Hi, Thank your for the response. Money wise i have been asked to pay 40,000 rupees towards medical insurance which can be reimbursed after joining they said. Yes they have shared TRN /Nomination number in the lodgement screenshot not explicitly. I have no clue what is happening in the background as i have not privealage to track the status. All i have to call one person and follow up. So kindly help me how can i check independently if this is genuine.

Warm Regards,
Madhu
It is probably a scam as the onus of taking the medical insurance is generally on the employee

They will keep asking you for money on some pretext or the other

Tell them that you will take your own medical insurance to satisfy the visa conditions
You can buy the same from any Australian health insurance provider and make direct payments

If you know the name of the company, why don't you drop them an email and ask them if they have recruited and sponsored you

If I were in your shoes, I would not give them any payments whatsoever

Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is probably a scam as the onus of taking the medical insurance is generally on the employee

They will keep asking you for money on some pretext or the other

Tell them that you will take your own medical insurance to satisfy the visa conditions
You can buy the same from any Australian health insurance provider and make direct payments

If you know the name of the company, why don't you drop them an email and ask them if they have recruited and sponsored you

If I were in your shoes, I would not give them any payments whatsoever

Cheers

Hello Everyone!!

Can anyone help me is there a way where i can Find out the 457 visa TRN number/Nomination number shared with me is Genuine?If yes, Can i track the visa status using TRN.
I tried to check the visa status in online using TRN shared with me. I saw the below error message.
"Unable to complete visa status inquiry. The TRN used is not a Citizenship application."

Kindly help me.

Regards,
Madhu

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.