Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding 457 VISA processing time. Anybody has any idea, how much time it takes to get VISA approved. My employer has submitted my final application on 26th Dec 2018. I did not get any updates after that.

Another thing is that I don't have any problem with processing time but wants to prepare for worse, Is there any rejection of 457 VISA when my documents are clear. My VISA consultant verified all my documents before final submission.

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Pritisangam,

Based on my own experience, my 457 visa took approximately 2 months to be granted since the application was lodged. This was back in 2015, and that only accounts for the application time (this is, not including the nomination time).

I understand that waiting times have become longer recently though, a friend of mine has been waiting for 3 months already and has not heard news from Home Affairs yet.

In regards to your documents, I haven't had any issues with mine, but I assume that if any document or information is missing then Home Affairs will contact you before continuing the process.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding 457 VISA processing time. Anybody has any idea, how much time it takes to get VISA approved. My employer has submitted my final application on 26th Dec 2018. I did not get any updates after that.

Another thing is that I don't have any problem with processing time but wants to prepare for worse, Is there any rejection of 457 VISA when my documents are clear. My VISA consultant verified all my documents before final submission.

Thanks
I have been waiting for 5 months since Nov 2017.
The company has the sponsorship approved already, I am just applying for the Nomination and the application.
This waiting is disturbing. I have confirmed with my agent a couple of times that there shouldn't be any problem. But still, very upset all the time.

DHA is claiming that the process could take 5-11 months for most of the candidates. My agent said it is 6 months waiting as minimum based on their large number of cases at the moment.

If the worst happens for any reason, we will be able to appeal the case, during that time, our current bridging A will be extended automatically until the appeal has finished. If you don't want to appeal it, than you will have 28 days to leave AU.

Reactions: Marzuk

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hi Guys,

Thanks
are you already in Australia., or overseas?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I've seen people waiting anywhere from 1 month to a year, so it can be rather random. All you can do is submit all the documents they need for processing and be ready to reply quickly if they ask for any further information.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Guys, me and my husband been waiting for the 457 to be approved since 20th of April 2017...so it’s been almost a year! We still don’t have a case officer assigned to our case. We r onshore and the only positive thing about living in this “prison” like state is the Australian work experience my husband is gaining everyday. Thank god he loves his job or else we would have fled the country already.

·
Registered
196 Posts
My 457 petition was filed on 25-Dec-2017. Still waiting for the grant. One of my colleague's petition was filed on 2-Oct and he got his visa on 3-March.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Guys,

Thanks
I applied for 457 on 1st March 2018, done with medicals on 10th March 2018, Application went into received status in IMMI account , My sponsorer applied for priority processing on 19th March, Immigration dept. accepted priority processing on 3rd April 2018, Visa granted on 9th April 2018.

The email my immigration department stated that since 457 visa is abolished their might be some delays even in priority processing of visa .

·
Registered
33 Posts
Does anyone waiting for 457 more than 1 year? We applied 18th of April, 2017.
Yes! Me and my husband applied on 20th of April 2017 and still no case officer. The visa processing times 7-11 months max r simply bull crap info for the public!
U r lucky that u applied on the 18th at least, since your pathway to PR will be processed under the old rules..

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have been waiting for 5 months since Nov 2017.
The company has the sponsorship approved already, I am just applying for the Nomination and the application.
This waiting is disturbing. I have confirmed with my agent a couple of times that there shouldn't be any problem. But still, very upset all the time.

DHA is claiming that the process could take 5-11 months for most of the candidates. My agent said it is 6 months waiting as minimum based on their large number of cases at the moment.

If the worst happens for any reason, we will be able to appeal the case, during that time, our current bridging A will be extended automatically until the appeal has finished. If you don't want to appeal it, than you will have 28 days to leave AU.
Hi, Have you received your visa? Me and my husband applied 18th of April, 2017. 1 Year already.... No news...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good luck Puka!!!! Hope you will get it soon... Now waiting time is 5-9 months. But I don't believe in anything right now...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Good luck Puka!!!! Hope you will get it soon... Now waiting time is 5-9 months. But I don't believe in anything right now...
We both are exactly in the same situation ! It’s an awful waiting ! My husband has had 2 serious and way better paying job offers lately (he hasn’t even applied to any jobs but got those offers from his network of people) and he can’t accept any of those jobs, as the new sponsorship visa requires a full-time (casual work experience is not eligible either) 2 years of work experience. The life has been made very very hard for international skilled students who have been lucky enough to find a job on their field.
Please everyone post as soon as you get the visa approved !

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yesterday my husband’s employer was asked to present more docs by immi, which meant that we finally had a case officer. I didn’t keep my hopes up too high and expected immi to respond again in a month time. But, for our surprise, today morning our visa got approved !!! So after 1 year and a month of waiting, we finally got the visa ! Couple of month ago I wouldn’t have believed that getting the visa approved will make us happy. But since getting the invitation for PR has gotten incredible difficult, it has made us more appreciative.
Good luck to everyone else and I hope u will get your visas approved soon !:thumb:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts