Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am just about ready to submit my 457 application. I have all the components ready, apart from letters of recommendation/referral letters. I have several colleagues and former employers that can do so, but in the interest of time, I may skip this. They are busy and I am not keen on being a pest about getting this. I want to submit my application as soon as possible, especially since all of the other components are ready.

Would it be unwise to do so? I have my contract in my Oz company that I will attach, would that be sufficient? Would leaving out these letters compromise my chances of getting the visa awarded?

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I would go ahead and apply, for a 457 I don't think the recommendation letters are crucial, mainly a letter of employment from your AU employer is the main thing DIAC needs to get things rolling. If they do want recommendation letters DIAC will ask for them.

I didn't need them when I applied for a 457 more than 6 yrs ago.

Hi all,

I am just about ready to submit my 457 application. I have all the components ready, apart from letters of recommendation/referral letters. I have several colleagues and former employers that can do so, but in the interest of time, I may skip this. They are busy and I am not keen on being a pest about getting this. I want to submit my application as soon as possible, especially since all of the other components are ready.

Would it be unwise to do so? I have my contract in my Oz company that I will attach, would that be sufficient? Would leaving out these letters compromise my chances of getting the visa awarded?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would go ahead and apply, for a 457 I don't think the recommendation letters are crucial, mainly a letter of employment from your AU employer is the main thing DIAC needs to get things rolling. If they do want recommendation letters DIAC will ask for them.

I didn't need them when I applied for a 457 more than 6 yrs ago.
Ok I agree, thank you again sir. I feel my application is solid as it is.

Will submit tomorrow, wish me luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts