Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my friend holding a business visa is departing his current employer for personal reasons. Is there any other visa he can apply and stay there for few more months before he can get any other potential employer willing to nominate him?
He just has 28 days from his last date of service to find another temporary visa at least else he has to head back home!

Any suggestions...

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
any replies please...

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hi Dreamaus,

I'm afraid what you stated above is what others have posted about visa 457 and that you only have 28 days to find another employer. If not, the person has to leave Australia. I don't believe there is another visa available for your friend. Otherwise, I think it would have been shared on this forum by now.

It would have been better if it was possible for your friend to look for another employer before he/she quit. But if it's for personal reasons, he/she probably really wanted to leave.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Dreamaus,

I'm afraid what you stated above is what others have posted about visa 457 and that you only have 28 days to find another employer. If not, the person has to leave Australia. I don't believe there is another visa available for your friend. Otherwise, I think it would have been shared on this forum by now.

It would have been better if it was possible for your friend to look for another employer before he/she quit. But if it's for personal reasons, he/she probably really wanted to leave.
Yeah looks like he has to leave but he just need a little bit more time to find another employer so any working holiday visa, or any other sort of temp visa if available might help him.

G

·
No, he has to find an employer and lodge for another 457. There is no visa to 'give time to seek work'. If he hasn't lodged a visa within 28 days and is still in australia he will be illegal and will risk being given a 3 year ban on entering australia when found or leaving. It will also severly effect his chances of getting another visa after the 3 years as a previous overstayer.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I heard from a colleague that you can apply for an extension, though on a case to case basis. The best thing is to contact DIAC directly and ask for it.

Try tis number 131 881

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
G

·
You can ask but the extension is usually for cases where someone might be made redundant or similar not where someone decides to leave their job when it is available to them. Can't hurt to try though.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You can ask but the extension is usually for cases where someone might be made redundant or similar not where someone decides to leave their job when it is available to them. Can't hurt to try though.
actually he was kind of made redundant and asked to leave the job! so in that case he has a strong point to ask for extension. lets hope for the best.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.