Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My 457 visa is lodged and it has taken a lot of time. i plan to bring my family here in december. How much time will it take for my family 457 visa if i lodge it now? Can i lodge 457 visa application now and then if the visa does not come through early , can i bring them on visitor visa ?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
It would be faster to add your family to your application, I don't think you can apply separately for them if you haven't already gotten your visa. They would receive their visas the same time you do. They may be able to get a visitor visa but you wouldn't' be able to sponsor them on a family visitor visa.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The visa processing time even for a 457 visa has become unpredictable these days but the average time is currently between 4 and 8 weeks. For adding family under 457, you should budget around 8 weeks (the worst case that I have seen took 3 months) and hence please start the processing now.

I won't recommend processing a different visa when one visa application is already under process. Even if you proceed to apply for a visitor visa, it is not going to be quick as the average time for visitor visa these days is around 4 weeks.

So, please plan accordingly and the early you start the better it is for either of the visas. Good luck.

Hello,

My 457 visa is lodged and it has taken a lot of time. i plan to bring my family here in december. How much time will it take for my family 457 visa if i lodge it now? Can i lodge 457 visa application now and then if the visa does not come through early , can i bring them on visitor visa ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts