Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

While we have several threads running on Timelines for General Skilled Migration we have very few threads running on 457 Timelines.I saw one thread which was around 457 Timelines 2011 , we dont have a similar one for 2012. So I am starting this thread with the purpose of catering to this topic. I am sure many of us who visit this forum have a 457 lodged or about to be lodged. I think we could benefit immensely by sharing our information.

So here goes mine. :)

I am an Indian National living in Germany for the last 4 years.

Application and documents submitted to the MARA Agent - June 23, 2012
Health Insurance Proof Submitted on June 25 , 2012.
Waiting on the agent to get back ---
I have been informed by my agent that it typically takes 2-4 weeks once the application is lodged with DIAC.

I will update as and when I hear more.

I have seen a couple of posts where some forum members have received their Visa in 3 or 4 days for 2012. Can you also contribute to this thread to better understand approximately by when we can expect the approval ?

Thanks and Wish all of you a great day

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am also from India ,and my employer lodged my application through Immigration agent in Australia for e457,

Here is the details:

Application submitted : 09/05/2012
Application processed further : 15 /05/2012
Further documents requested : 15/05/2012
(Health insurance ,form 1221,form 956&Medical etc...)
Medical finalized : 29/05/2012
Further documents submitted and received : 12/06/2012

The employer told me before the application lodged, that it will take only 2 to 3 weeks for the decision,but now i am almost in 7 th week ,still waiting.I think 2 to 4 weeks is for the low risk countries. Unfortunately India comes under high risk countries.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am also from India ,and my employer lodged my application through Immigration agent in Australia for e457,

Here is the details:

Application submitted : 09/05/2012
Application processed further : 15 /05/2012
Further documents requested : 15/05/2012
(Health insurance ,form 1221,form 956&Medical etc...)
Medical finalized : 29/05/2012
Further documents submitted and received : 12/06/2012

The employer told me before the application lodged, that it will take only 2 to 3 weeks for the decision,but now i am almost in 7 th week ,still waiting.I think 2 to 4 weeks is for the low risk countries. Unfortunately India comes under high risk countries.

Hi Indochef,

You are right - If you come from a high risk country, then generally approval takes longer. However when I went through the thread ( a really long thread) for Visa Timelines 2011 , I realised that there were many who were from Low risk countries but receive their approvals quite late ( almost 7-8 weeks). At the same time, some lucky guys from High Risk countries received their approvals in 3 weeks. I particularly remember of a case where the approval was received in 12 business days. Here is the link to the thread if you want to see it.

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...ustralia/68022-457-visa-timelines-2011-a.html

I think you are very close to getting the approval ... hang in there. Which city are you heading to? Also did you manage the process through an agent or directly.

Wish you luck and keep us posted

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Indochef,

You are right - If you come from a high risk country, then generally approval takes longer. However when I went through the thread ( a really long thread) for Visa Timelines 2011 , I realised that there were many who were from Low risk countries but receive their approvals quite late ( almost 7-8 weeks). At the same time, some lucky guys from High Risk countries received their approvals in 3 weeks. I particularly remember of a case where the approval was received in 12 business days. Here is the link to the thread if you want to see it.

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...ustralia/68022-457-visa-timelines-2011-a.html

I think you are very close to getting the approval ... hang in there. Which city are you heading to? Also did you manage the process through an agent or directly.

Wish you luck and keep us posted
Thank you XAYLA for the positive response.Yes ,i have already went through those thread and its true what you have mentioned.

I am heading to coffs harbour (NSW).The application process is going through a approved immigration agent in Australia.

Its a good thought that you have started this 2012 thread and it will be more useful for those people looking for current information.

Will update soon on the status......

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you XAYLA for the positive response.Yes ,i have already went through those thread and its true what you have mentioned.

I am heading to coffs harbour (NSW).The application process is going through a approved immigration agent in Australia.

Its a good thought that you have started this 2012 thread and it will be more useful for those people looking for current information.

Will update soon on the status......

Thanks Indochef - I am heading to Melbourne.

I hope more people who are awaiting 457 approval or approved see and respond to the thread. That ways we will know what timelines are currently on with DIAC?

Good Luck again

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi all we got our 457 approved today, two weeks from lodgement of papers, no Medicals needed. We are from Ireland
Louweoxford,

Thanks for your response...
Would it be possible for ypu to post the dates as well. Iunderstand its 2 weeks but the actual dates would be a ready reckoner...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Xayla77 said:
Louweoxford,

Thanks for your response...
Would it be possible for ypu to post the dates as well. Iunderstand its 2 weeks but the actual dates would be a ready reckoner...
Hi our timeline as follows
Contact received - 25.06.12
Contract signed - 06.06.12
457 lodged via employer - 13.06.12
Visa granted - 27.06.12

457 lodged -

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone... Just like to share my husbands timeline for 457 visa to australia...

457 visa timeline

21/06/2012 - Application received - processing
                     commenced.
21/06/2012 - Application fee received

21/06/2012 - chest x ray required
21/06/2012 - chest x ray film required

26/06/2012 - health requirements finalized
26/06/2012 - further medical results received
26/06/2012 - further medical results received

Health requirements have been finalized - Application being processed further

28/06/2012 - applicant approved

Good luck to everyone...God Bless!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Perks

That was real quick

Congrats and Wish you luck with your move :)

Btw which centre did your hubby apply for the 457?. I guess some centres are faster than the rest

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi this is just wat I was looking for....
My company based in Melbourne has appointed an agent for my 457 visa...

Since the company is not a sponsor yet, they are applying for one......what is the sort of timeline on that?

It's been a Couple of months since I have received a contract, but everything is running quite slow.

They are quite positive on my 457 though.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi this is just wat I was looking for....
My company based in Melbourne has appointed an agent for my 457 visa...

Since the company is not a sponsor yet, they are applying for one......what is the sort of timeline on that?

It's been a Couple of months since I have received a contract, but everything is running quite slow.

They are quite positive on my 457 though.
Hi Dubai_ New kid

As far as I understand , sponsorhsip takes a while , I have seen timelines that have varied from 3-4 weeks to a couple of months.
You should check with your company the current status. Also after sponsorhip is approved there is the nomination process , medicals , etc that takes another 4-6 weeks usually.
My MA has informed me that iot would take 4-6 weeks before the application is through.

Trust this helps.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I tried to check the status today but there are some technical issues on the website.some one faced the same problem?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Indochef said:
I tried to check the status today but there are some technical issues on the website.some one faced the same problem?
Hi Indochef

Any updates on your visaa

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi All,

While we have several threads running on Timelines for General Skilled Migration we have very few threads running on 457 Timelines.I saw one thread which was around 457 Timelines 2011 , we dont have a similar one for 2012. So I am starting this thread with the purpose of catering to this topic. I am sure many of us who visit this forum have a 457 lodged or about to be lodged. I think we could benefit immensely by sharing our information.

So here goes mine. :)

I am an Indian National living in Germany for the last 4 years.

Application and documents submitted to the MARA Agent - June 23, 2012
Health Insurance Proof Submitted on June 25 , 2012.
Waiting on the agent to get back ---
I have been informed by my agent that it typically takes 2-4 weeks once the application is lodged with DIAC.

I will update as and when I hear more.

I have seen a couple of posts where some forum members have received their Visa in 3 or 4 days for 2012. Can you also contribute to this thread to better understand approximately by when we can expect the approval ?

Thanks and Wish all of you a great day

Hello All,

Finally my application got lodged today with DIAC after a week with the employer and MA.

Here is the status

02/07/2012 Application received - processing commenced
02/07/2012 Application fee received

Person 1

02/07/2012 Health requirements outstanding
Person 2
02/07/2012 Health requirements outstanding

We have lodged the application for 3 people - Hubby, Me and my son.
There is a health requirements outstanding link in front of their names but none against mine.

I hold a passport from a high risk country just like my hubby and Son and wondering why I dont have the link. Am i being exempted from the test ?I am sure I have to do a medical as well.

Anybody faced this situation.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Timelines paper application 457

Hi,

I will just post my 457 application timelines. The visa was granted today so all good now :)

It was a paper application, therefore I could not check the status online.

30th of May 2012 Application submitted by employer.
13th of June 2012 x ray requested.
18th of June 2012 x ray uploaded through e health system on the 18th of June
I was informed that the x ray was received on the 18th and next step was for a doctor to look at them.
2nd of July 2012 Viza granted. :D

So it took 2 weeks for the x ray to be reviewed. They must have had plenty on queue.

Good luck to all of you, it has been a very difficult wait for myself.

1 - 20 of 186 Posts