Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My husband has just been offered a job in Perth. We will be sponsored via 457 route. What sort of information should I prepare ready to complete the forms. Is it true we won't need medicals if we are from the UK?

G

·
The medicals depend on the role he is applying for, schools & health care he'll need them, and if you declare any medical history. Many people don't have them or only the main applicant.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Your company Will give you all info re medicals etc. if you live in UK, like we were, Adults have chest X-ray and kids basic medical. That's it. All the best for your exciting move to paradise.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Unless the rules have changed recently on a 457 it's just the main applicant who needs the medical. You get a chest xray, urine test for blood, blood pressure, basic sight test, quick medical exam by a doctor and depending on your profession you may need an HIV test. The HIV test is mandatory for perm visas but wasn't when I did my 457 mess in Dec 2010 for an IT role.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Things change constantly with immi. :). I had mine done in Dec 2010 and at that time it was only the main applicant. Thanks for pointing out that's it's all applicants now :)

G

·
Things haven't changed and most people are not required to undergo medicals for a 457. Those working in specific health & education industries do or intend to study at an educational establishment for more than 3 months & those who may have lived, worked or hold passports for HR countries, those who delared previous medical history can be asked. And of course CO can randomly ask for them.

Only those applying for PR must take medicals regardless.

·
Registered
20 Posts
:) my husband works in IT and its was routine that we were all asked for a medical:)
This saved my life as they found tumour in my lung:eek: I was very fit and healthy and you don't get any symptoms of things growing in your lungs unless it's too late or by accident like me. So I'm delighted I had an X-ray :) life's too short - great to Australia and LIVE:):):)

G

·
Oh crikey, I'm so glad they asked you to go for a medical! Did that mean having to postpone the new job etc?

Crazy but if you'd have been applying for PR that would have probably meant a refusal! But not so on a 457 and will be time enough clear if/when you do apply for PR for it not to be a great issue!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks fine now:) work were brillant they held job open until I got better.:)had quarter of my lung taken out:eek: will be applying for PR this year and should pass medical as everything removed. If e never decided to come to Australia I would never had known. Great that I am being looked after by above:):clap2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.