Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Friends,

I am an Indian working in Ireland, My 457 Visa is on process,
Can anyone tell me , what is the earliest time i can apply for a permenant residency, once i'm in australia.

Thanks
Jomet

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
You can apply for a PR the day you arrive in AU. However many people wait for 2 yrs on the 457 as then some of the requirements for PR are exempt.

A common path to PR is ENS (employee sponsorship for a PR if you are already on a 457 here). This gets processed within a few months and has the highest level of priority processing.

Hi Friends,

I am an Indian working in Ireland, My 457 Visa is on process,
Can anyone tell me , what is the earliest time i can apply for a permenant residency, once i'm in australia.

Thanks
Jomet

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can apply for a PR the day you arrive in AU. However many people wait for 2 yrs on the 457 as then some of the requirements for PR are exempt.

A common path to PR is ENS (employee sponsorship for a PR if you are already on a 457 here). This gets processed within a few months and has the highest level of priority processing.

Thanks amaslam, Now i need to find out what are the requirements to apply for the PR without waiting for 2 years

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
They are usually the full requirements for a General Skilled Migration Visa (175), as if you applied for PR from outside AU. Processing time can be anywhere from 9 months to 2 yrs depending on the priority level (there are about 7 priority levels now).

Thanks amaslam, Now i need to find out what are the requirements to apply for the PR without waiting for 2 years

·
Registered
13 Posts
The requirements are found here... Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 121/856)

Basically, if you're on a 457 and wish to apply for PR, you have to a) have worked full-time in Australia in the nominated occupation on a Subclass 418, 421, 422, 428, 444, 457 or 461 temporary residence visa for the last two years prior to the visa application being made (including at least the last 12 months with the nominating employer); b) have been nominated to fill a highly paid senior executive position with a salary of more than $165 000 per annum (excluding superannuation or allowances); or c) have had your skills assessed as suitable by the relevant skills assessing authority and, unless exceptional circumstances apply, have at least three years full-time work experience in the occupation before the visa application is lodged. A list of assessing bodies can be found in the Employer Nomination Scheme Occupation List (ENSOL).

You'll also need to meet certain other criteria, namely:

- have an employer who is willing to sponsor you for permanent residency
- demonstrate that you have the appropriate skills, qualifications and/or experience to fill the position
- meet any mandatory licensing, registration or professional membership requirements which allow you to work unsupervised and without further training
- be under 45 years of age
- provide a letter of appointment or a contract signed by both the employer and yourself
- have vocational English language ability.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts