Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There,

Presently, I'm working for an Indian Based company in Australia with a 457 Temp resident Visa and my employer doesn't encourage employees applying for Permanent Residence Visa in Australia.

Now, without the knowledge of my employer, I've applied for 175 skilled migrant visa on 23/Dec/2009, case officer is assigned and I've finished and submitted the Health requirements and character requirements on 03/Mar/2010.

I understand we can't hold two Australian Visa's at the same time, now the queries I have are

1. When my 175 Visa is approved, will my 457 be cancelled?
2. If DIAC cancel my 457, will my employer be notified of my visa status?
3. It is the condition of 175 Visa that I should leave australia when my visa is approved, should I be notified in advance by the case officer?
4. How long I should be outside australia?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
not very sure of the all the questions..but have inserted some replies in ur query...wait for other as they might be better off in letting u know...

Hi There,

Presently, I'm working for an Indian Based company in Australia with a 457 Temp resident Visa and my employer doesn't encourage employees applying for Permanent Residence Visa in Australia.

Now, without the knowledge of my employer, I've applied for 175 skilled migrant visa on 23/Dec/2009, case officer is assigned and I've finished and submitted the Health requirements and character requirements on 03/Mar/2010.

I understand we can't hold two Australian Visa's at the same time, now the queries I have are

1. When my 175 Visa is approved, will my 457 be cancelled?
it sould be the case
2. If DIAC cancel my 457, will my employer be notified of my visa status?
3. It is the condition of 175 Visa that I should leave australia when my visa is approved, should I be notified in advance by the case officer?
it depends wheather u have applied onshore 175 or offshore 175 visa
4. How long I should be outside australia?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts