Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

My Evisa 457 was lodged December 16th 2010, my timeline has now changed to Processing commenced further, January 11th.

I have not been asked for meds or police check because i'm from a low risk country.

Does anybody have any idea how long I will be waiting now as my current visa expires Feb 11th, am i'm so stressed!!!

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi,

If you haven't already done so try doing a search on the forum for answers.

Someone on another thread mentioned that processing at Brisbane had slowed due to the floods there. Do you know where your visa is being processed?

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

If you haven't already done so try doing a search on the forum for answers.

Someone on another thread mentioned that processing at Brisbane had slowed due to the floods there. Do you know where your visa is being processed?

Regards,
Karen
Hi Karen,

I have already tried searching, couldn't find much.

I presume it's being processed in Sydney as that's where I'm located. Just seems to be taking so long I'm thinking there may be a problem! I've contacted my Migrant Agent who said the CO called her early last week and said that she had my case and will be looking at it shortly.

I just want to know will it be done before Feb 11th as this is when my current visa expires and will need to find another alternative to stay in Oz, maybe a student visa?

Thanks for your help

Charlene

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi there

Are you still in oz? If so you can apply for a bridging visa whilst you are waiting on your sponsorship visa to be processed? have you spoken to your migrant agent about this?

From what I have read it can take up to 2 months to be processed but if it does say "further processing commenced" that is a good sign

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi there

Are you still in oz? If so you can apply for a bridging visa whilst you are waiting on your sponsorship visa to be processed? have you spoken to your migrant agent about this?

From what I have read it can take up to 2 months to be processed but if it does say "further processing commenced" that is a good sign
Hi,

Yes i'm still in Oz, and been put on a bridging visa but I don't think I can work whilst i'm on my bridging visa which will be a pain!

Fingers crossed I hear something this week. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Karen,

I have already tried searching, couldn't find much.

I presume it's being processed in Sydney as that's where I'm located. Just seems to be taking so long I'm thinking there may be a problem! I've contacted my Migrant Agent who said the CO called her early last week and said that she had my case and will be looking at it shortly.

I just want to know will it be done before Feb 11th as this is when my current visa expires and will need to find another alternative to stay in Oz, maybe a student visa?

Thanks for your help

Charlene
Hi,

To mention my timeline, my e457 application was submitted on 18th Nov. Processing started on 26th Nov. my medicals were received on 01st dec. Since then it was under processing. Finally, got approved on 14th Jan. Believe the CO was on leave during christmas/new year. Else, could have been processed earlier.

BR,
Vishy

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,

To mention my timeline, my e457 application was submitted on 18th Nov. Processing started on 26th Nov. my medicals were received on 01st dec. Since then it was under processing. Finally, got approved on 14th Jan. Believe the CO was on leave during christmas/new year. Else, could have been processed earlier.

BR,
Vishy
Congratulations on your visa being approved.

I'm still waiting it's driving me insane! :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
Charlene

Do you have a CO allocated do you know?

Our status moved to "further processing commenced" as at 3/2/11 with "information received"

Our sponsor also mentioned they were contacted 2/2/11 for some further information so seems it is moving quickly enough now. Because of this we now know who our CO is? maybe ask the company you are working with?

Best of luck- keep chin up and dont give up :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Charlene

Do you have a CO allocated do you know?

Our status moved to "further processing commenced" as at 3/2/11 with "information received"

Our sponsor also mentioned they were contacted 2/2/11 for some further information so seems it is moving quickly enough now. Because of this we now know who our CO is? maybe ask the company you are working with?

Best of luck- keep chin up and dont give up :)
hey Princess,

Congrats on the progress! I had an email from my agent this morning that sais things are starting to move now so I should hear something over the next couple of weeks! fingers crossed!

I believe I do have a CO allocated as it states processing commenced further, have you been asked to provide medicals or police checks yet? I haven't I hope this isn't the delay! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts