Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
Just trying to find my way around the site.
I live in NZ at the moment, and my O/H may have a possible job offer in Rocklea, Brisbane.
The company said they would sponsor him on this visa, does anyone know if two children aged 20 and 23 can also be sponsored on the same visa. or is it just a partner?.

I can't leave my children here in NZ, that certainly is not the plan. anyone know what there options would be? where should I be writing this thread? I am originally from the UK, live here in NZ.

Many thanks
cool site. - )

·
Registered
155 Posts
G

·
If your adult children are fully dependent on you for their needs. Which means not working more than part time, living in your home, not in defacto relationships themselves and still in education then yes they could go down as secondary applicants.
If those things don't apply then they would have to qualify for a visa in their own right.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If your adult children are fully dependent on you for their needs. Which means not working more than part time, living in your home, not in defacto relationships themselves and still in education then yes they could go down as secondary applicants.
If those things don't apply then they would have to qualify for a visa in their own right.

The thing is they are fully dependent on us, however they are not in education. My son has been searching for a job some time with no luck. His 23 month WHV expires in October this year.
What position does this put them now. Can they still be put on the sub class visa?
I did try and read some stuff on immigration site, but it didn't state about young adults being dependent.

Thanks Helen

G

·
Adult children can not be dependent unless they meet that requirement. The fact they haven't got jobs and live in your home does not make them dependent in the same way a child is in DIACS policy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Adult children can not be dependent unless they meet that requirement. The fact they haven't got jobs and live in your home does not make them dependent in the same way a child is in DIACS policy.

sorry, can you expand slightly on that. what does DIACS stand for. Also how can we provide evidence of that. i.e. we feed them, provide a roof over their heads etc.

many thanks, this is all very new for me. so all the expert advice is very helpful.

G

·
sorry, can you expand slightly on that. what does DIACS stand for. Also how can we provide evidence of that. i.e. we feed them, provide a roof over their heads etc.

many thanks, this is all very new for me. so all the expert advice is very helpful.
Adult children between the age of 18-25 are not dependent according to the Department of Immigration And Citizenship of Australia if they are not studying, not single or are working.

If your children are not in education you wont be able to add them to your visa.

The reason being that as adults they are entitled to claim welfare in their own right or work to support themselves. The only exceptions to this are those that are studying, hence still dependent on parents or those who are disabled and are dependent due to that.

The fact they can not find work and you feed and house them does not make them dependent for immigration purposes. Otherwise you would have people with 30 or 40 year old adult 'children' being dependent on their parents visa. It just cant happen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.