Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hai all,

I am a Mental Health nurse and doing the IRON bridging program to get RN license in Perth, Australia. I was working in Dubai and taken three month leave from UAE (Dubai) for finishing this course. Here I have a chance to get 457 visa just after finishing my course. Now I have two options that, to join here a hospital under 457 visa and apply for PR from UAE (Dubai). Which is best? Working under 457 visa or apply for PR now. I have the total of 65 points for applying 189 visa and also qualified IELTS academic with band score 8. And can I apply for PR while I am working in Australia under 457 visa?

G

·
You can but it is best to go for PR straight away if you qualify. 457 is a temporary visa, you are tied to the employer and have only 90 days to leave the country should your employment end. Though you can apply fir bith at the same time, the 457 will be granted fairly quickly allowing you to start work then wait out the PR application.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hai Shel,

Thank you for your quick reply, and I need to clarify one more doubt that while we are in Australia under 457 visa is the procedures are same for applying for PR? Do we need to complete a particular period under the sponsor? and what is the approximate time to get PR?

G

·
you can apply for independent PR 190 or 189 or wait for your employer to sponsor you. They can sponsor you now if they will or when you have been onshore on a 457, which is what many do to ensure they get some work from you first. Or you can apply after spending 2 years with yhat employer which means you do not need a skills assessment. The last 2 options are quicker. I wouldn't like to give you time scales as it really varies depending on workload, security checks and the time of year.

·
Registered
837 Posts
PR is the best.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Can u explain reason.
As stated in above comments, you can live independently. In 457 you have to depend on company sponsorship. Also as a PR you get lot of health and other benefits from the state.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts