Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,

My spouse, children and me have valid 457 visa .I am in Australia . My family is in India. If I apply for PR for my my family and me now, will my family will be able to enter and exit Australia multiple times?

Will bridging visa (after applying for Visa) cancel 457 visa? or because of valid 457 visa, my family can enter and exit from Australia multiple times? Please clarify.

·
Registered
25,755 Posts
Hi ,

My spouse, children and me have valid 457 visa .I am in Australia . My family is in India. If I apply for PR for my my family and me now, will my family will be able to enter and exit Australia multiple times?

Will bridging visa (after applying for Visa) cancel 457 visa? or because of valid 457 visa, my family can enter and exit from Australia multiple times? Please clarify.
I am also,on 457 and have applied for PR

I and my family have also got a bridging visa but it will kick in only after the expiry of the 457 visa

Applying for PR does not automatically cancel your 457 visa
You and your family will keep enjoying all the facilities under the 457 visa Till such time that the visa is valid as prior to the lodging of the PR

Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.