Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My spouse is working in australia under 457 visa, sponserd by an employer.
Employer is not willing to process the depentant visa for me.
So can we apply the 457 depentant visa ourself ? or sponsor or employer is requierd?

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Not to be nosey but why didn't you go on your wife's 457 when she applied for it?

The only way you will be able to work here is if you have a visa in your own right. As Karen said have a look to see if you qualify for a visa (age, skills etc).

If you have any questions just ask away.

Dolly

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For 457 visa depentant can also work. Australian immigration allows unlimited work opportunity for the depentatnt. could you please clarify whether the employer sponsorship is requierd for the processing of depentant visa( 457) or self processing is possible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not to be nosey but why didn't you go on your wife's 457 when she applied for it?

The only way you will be able to work here is if you have a visa in your own right. As Karen said have a look to see if you qualify for a visa (age, skills etc).

If you have any questions just ask away.

Dolly
Its not nosey ,for 457 depentant can also work so she is ready to process it for me but the employer is not.so my question is whether she can process herself without the consent of the employer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
hi,
I've recently moved on 457 with my family. The employer has to mention in their nomination the details of all the dependants to be included..... so I believe you will need the employer's co-operation to add you as dependant.
And yes, dependants on 457 can work
MH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts