Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all-

My name is Claire, and I've living in Australia under a "Work & Holiday" Visa. I am about to be sponsored by my company under a 457 visa. It's a small company, so i'm filling in most of the company's details.

I'm currently filling in the part about training. Since it's such a small company, training is rather informal, and I've had to streatch to nail meetings/trainings down to dates.

I'm a bit stumped on question 31 from Form 1196 (the Sponsorship form). It says "What are the business' training plans in respect of its Australian employees within the next two years?" Now, aside from being a bit afronted by the bold (not mine, it's in the document), I don't really know what to say. We are a very international company, dealing in international exchange, and we have employees from many different contries working here (none of them are on a 457 though). I wonder if anyone else has had to do this? I'm tempted to just list theoretcial training dates like I did for my "training" in the past six months...

Any advice is appreciated.
Claire

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi:

My company (large multi-national) answered this by putting in the number of hours they train Australian (that means Australian PR and Citizens) and the type of training they provide. I believe the aim of this question is to make sure that the company still continues to train Australian (again PR and Citizens) and not rely too heavily on the 457 program.

Good luck :)

Hi all-

My name is Claire, and I've living in Australia under a "Work & Holiday" Visa. I am about to be sponsored by my company under a 457 visa. It's a small company, so i'm filling in most of the company's details.

I'm currently filling in the part about training. Since it's such a small company, training is rather informal, and I've had to streatch to nail meetings/trainings down to dates.

I'm a bit stumped on question 31 from Form 1196 (the Sponsorship form). It says "What are the business' training plans in respect of its Australian employees within the next two years?" Now, aside from being a bit afronted by the bold (not mine, it's in the document), I don't really know what to say. We are a very international company, dealing in international exchange, and we have employees from many different contries working here (none of them are on a 457 though). I wonder if anyone else has had to do this? I'm tempted to just list theoretcial training dates like I did for my "training" in the past six months...

Any advice is appreciated.
Claire

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.