Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
My current visa (Graduate visa 485) is expiring on August 20th, 2017 (YES, in less than 18 days). The place where I work, is trying to sponsor me a work visa 457. However, they have just started the process.

Question 1: If the Company manages to gather all the approvals and lodge the 457 VISA application, say, on 12th August 2017 - Would I get the bridging visa immediately after its lodged or could it potentially delay because of any reason?

I believe I have all the necessary documents for this 457 VISA such as: Police checks and Health Check results.

Question 2: Is there any other document that would be needed from me for lodging 457?

·
Registered
24,161 Posts
Hi Everyone,
My current visa (Graduate visa 485) is expiring on August 20th, 2017 (YES, in less than 18 days). The place where I work, is trying to sponsor me a work visa 457. However, they have just started the process.

Question 1: If the Company manages to gather all the approvals and lodge the 457 VISA application, say, on 12th August 2017 - Would I get the bridging visa immediately after its lodged or could it potentially delay because of any reason?

I believe I have all the necessary documents for this 457 VISA such as: Police checks and Health Check results.

Question 2: Is there any other document that would be needed from me for lodging 457?
I think English requirements have also been added for the 457 Visa applicants
Minimum score of 30 each in LRSW for PTEA

457 Applicants are not entitled to Bridging visa as far as i know
But do recheck

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yes, I do have English exam results. No Bridging? :(
I think if we are in Australia while applying it has a bridging visa with that. I hope so.

Cheers for your reply!

·
Registered
24,161 Posts
Oh yes, I do have English exam results. No Bridging? :(
I think if we are in Australia while applying it has a bridging visa with that. I hope so.

Cheers for your reply!

I did not get any Bridging visa when i applied for 457 but of course i was offshore

I may be wrong so Do recheck

Cheers

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
If you lodge your 457 visa application while you're in Australia on a valid visa (your 485 would be valid), then you will be issued a bridging visa.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts