Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Sorry to bother you lot again, but i promise this will be last post.

Does an organisation need to be on the accredited list for them to sponsor you? Or can any organisation sponsor you?

Random question i know, but my aunties, daughter husband owns a company in Perth, and I was wondering could he sponsor me?

Or does a visa regulation state that a family member company can’t sponsor you? Also i read somewhere that the salary needs to be over (50k AUD per annum) . Is this true?

looking forward to your response

Regards
Daniel

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mahisasuran

Thank you for your response. Thank you for providing me with the link it has answered some of questions but not others.

I have established that the minimum an employee can pay you in ages is 49,330

But what about an family member sponsoring you ?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi Shel

I should of explained this better. One of my family members in perth run there own organisation, would if viable for them to sponsor me ? under the 457 ?

G

·
Hmmm I"m not sure but maybe IF it is a legitimate job, legitimate business and they can meet all of the requirements including not being able to find someone local. They can not invent a job for you. Anything involving family members would be looked at much more in depth to ensure that is not happening. But you would need to read the immigration law as it might not be possible!

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
Assuming that your family member is able to register as an approved business sponsor with DIAC, there are still other requirements that YOU will need to meet in order to be granted a visa.

Do you have a skilled occupation? There is actually a SOL list for 457 visas and your occupation need to feature on that list in order to be eligible for a visa. In addition, you will also need recent work experience in the occupation that they are proposing to sponsor you in.

As Shel has said though, immigration would srutinise any application that is supported by a family member to make sure that the position is legitimate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.