Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

My name is Sivakumar Ramasamy. I'm working for corporate for 8 years into Customer service, Training and Analyst

I was told about a visa 407.

I wanted to check the following:

1. Is this a genuine, right way to come into AU and apply for PR from within AU?

2. How good is this option?

3. Will I able be able to work?

Have anyone already know about this visa or anyone in AU in this visa?

Though it is a family visa, I'm planning to come alone now and later bring in family.

Please help me with more information or any link or any person to speak with as this is a quite a high investment from my end.

I was told the following:

1. Enrollment
2. Skype interview with an immigration consultant
3. They'll find a sponsor for me
4. Training with them
5. Visa is for 24 months

Request some inputs please.

·
Registered
499 Posts
1. Is this a genuine, right way to come into AU and apply for PR from within AU?

2. How good is this option?

3. Will I able be able to work?

Hi,

What I can tell you is that 407 is a temporary training visa. It is a right way to come to AU however it has NOTHING to do with PR whatsoever.

I am not sure why someone recommended this visa to you. In my understanding. 407 is given to ppl who are going through a training program in AU. One of my coworker had this visa years ago and at that time he was not allowed to have a salary because 407 is only for training! not working!

You also mentioned that "they" will find a sponsor for you. This is quite doggy in my view. if they could find sponsor for you why can't they find a sponsor who can sponsor you a working visa 482?? at least 482 enables you to work and live in AU legally and later you could go through other PR pathways like 186 (if your job is on the long list of course).

Let's see what other ppl in the forum say about this.

cheers,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts