1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
12,544 Posts
We didnt feel anything but someone I know who lives near Limassol did. It wasn't as powerful as the one we had here though.
4.5 is 10 times less powerful than the 5.5 we had in Paphos so probably very little damage if any.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I think its a case of "if any", but still, its a little alarming to have two relativly large quakes in Cyprus along the same fault within such a short period of time.

Hopefully not a sign of something larger looming..........

·
Banned
1,576 Posts
Yeah I think its a case of "if any", but still, its a little alarming to have two relativly large quakes in Cyprus along the same fault within such a short period of time.

Hopefully not a sign of something larger looming..........
quakes in this size are happening all the time all over the world. If there were no websites about them, people would not notice, and not be unnecessary alarmed.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Since the last big tremor here our area has been remarkably free of tremors. More typically in the past it was possible to note 2 or 3 a week usually around magnitude 2.5. Perhaps a new cycle is starting. On checking I see that there has been 2 today, 7 yesterday but little before that.

Pete

·
Registered
348 Posts
I find this fascinating quakes in Cyprus never make the news over here, even the 5.5 you had wasn't reported here, we had one in the Bristol channel last year, which i felt, that was on every bulletin, perhaps because they are rare here. If it were'nt for the fact I am a member of the forum I would'nt know anything about them.

cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts