Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! We have applied for 309 visa. Now we have a baby, I was wondering what documents can we upload to support our application regarding new born baby?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Hi! We have applied for 309 visa. Now we have a baby, I was wondering what documents can we upload to support our application regarding new born baby?
You have to inform the department as as possible about the baby so the baby can be added to application. Just draft a letter informing about the baby's birthdate, first and family names and place of birth. Once these details are informed to the department then the department will add the baby to the application and HAP ID will be generated for baby as well for medicals.

Documents that you can submit later are baby's birth certificate and passport.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Sunny!

I am also applying for a 309 visa at the moment. From what i know you have to inform the department as soon as possible regarding the baby, therefore your baby can be added to your 309 visa application.

i found more information on 309 visa on 309 Visa - Best Way To Obtain Temporary Offshore Partner Visa in 2020

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have to inform the department as as possible about the baby so the baby can be added to application. Just draft a letter informing about the baby's birthdate, first and family names and place of birth. Once these details are informed to the department then the department will add the baby to the application and HAP ID will be generated for baby as well for medicals.

Documents that you can submit later are baby's birth certificate and passport.
I’m an Australian citizen. What happens in that case..so I just apply for baby’s Australian citizenship? If I apply for baby’s citizenship then Do I still need to add documents to my wife’s 309 application?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Sunny!

I am also applying for a 309 visa at the moment. From what i know you have to inform the department as soon as possible regarding the baby, therefore your baby can be added to your 309 visa application.

i found more information on 309 visa on 309 Visa - Best Way To Obtain Temporary Offshore Partner Visa in 2020
I’m an Australian citizen. What happens in that case..so I just apply for baby’s Australian citizenship? If I apply for baby’s citizenship then Do I still need to add documents to my wife’s 309 application?

·
Registered
21,854 Posts
Just use the update us link in the Immiaccount and give the birth details for the baby. Write in there that the baby is already an Australian citizen, and is not a part of the application
Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just use the update us link in the Immiaccount and give the birth details for the baby. Write in there that the baby is already an Australian citizen, and is not a part of the application
Cheers
Thanks a lot

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
This changes pretty much everything. You should have told about this earlier in your question.
Since you are AU citizen, the baby born overseas to you is also a AU citizen by decent.
You should apply for baby's citizenship as soon as you get the overseas birth certificate. Once you have that certificate then you can apply for baby's Australian passport through AHC.
Your wife is only required to inform the Department by uploading Form 1022 - Notification of changes in circumstances. No other documents of baby needs to be uploaded in your wife's SC309 application.

Cheers
The correct process is for OP's wife to fill in Form 1022 and upload in the immi account.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts