Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I am sure some of you can help me straight away with this. - I was in Dubai last week, arrived on Monday Feb 15th and my passport was stamped with a 30 day visitors visa. "VALID 30 DAYS STAY FROM DATE OF ARRIVAL"

I flew back to UK on Friday Feb 19th, so my exit stamp is showing February 19th.

I now need to return as a visitor to Dubai for a further 3 days to finalise some schooling assessments and view some more properties.

Am I correct in thinking that I must take these 3 days and leave Dubai prior to March 17th (28 days in Feb) to benefit from the 30 day visa stamp I already have. Otherwise I will have to wait until April 16th / 17th to be able to enter Dubai again.

.....or do I have to wait 30 days from my exit stamp on Feb 19th, to then re-enter Dubai?

Your valued experienced comments would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Are you a UK passport holder? I'm not but at the very least you'll get a bump. Hopefully someone can help you out.

I'm a US passport holder and I've been to Dubai multiple times with just the visit visa in the same time frame. UK has special arrangements that are most beneficial but the US is one of the privileged countries. They just re-stamp another 30 days when I go.... Isn't it moot? All UK citizens get free visit visas anyway, the only time they charge is if you go over a 60 day span...

Edit: Forgot to add - Call the embassy. That 15 minutes on hold will save you hours in line, tons on airfare.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you a UK passport holder? I'm not but at the very least you'll get a bump. Hopefully someone can help you out.

I'm a US passport holder and I've been to Dubai multiple times with just the visit visa in the same time frame. UK has special arrangements that are most beneficial but the US is one of the privileged countries. They just re-stamp another 30 days when I go.... Isn't it moot? All UK citizens get free visit visas anyway, the only time they charge is if you go over a 60 day span...

Thanks for the heads up - very much appreciated. Yopu are correct, we haev since found out that we can just land and have our passports stamped again with a 30 day visa. It seems there are only issues if you start using the whiole 30 days in one visit.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Not true, I know people who've been fined at the airport who were over 30 days but under 60.
I was just going by what is posted for UK Passport holders and how I understand it. Like I said, I don't hold a UK Passport.

I believe you have to request over 30 days if you intend on staying over the 30 days. Obviously if it's stamped 30 days in the passport well that's asking for trouble.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was just going by what is posted for UK Passport holders and how I understand it. Like I said, I don't hold a UK Passport.

I believe you have to request over 30 days if you intend on staying over the 30 days. Obviously if it's stamped 30 days in the passport well that's asking for trouble.
Thanks NYC for your comments. They were good for me!:clap2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.