Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read a couple of answers on this one at this forum, but I'm still getting mixed views from people I ask, so apologies.

Can a 30 day Visit Visa be converted into a Work Visa without leaving Dubai?

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Most likely yes. Yet, sometimes, it may not. The company applying for your visa can inform you the best. In case you do need to leave, you could just go to Oman or somewhere close and take the same flight back in without entering Oman.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most likely yes. Yet, sometimes, it may not. The company applying for your visa can inform you the best. In case you do need to leave, you could just go to Oman or somewhere close and take the same flight back in without entering Oman.
So again, not quite a Yes or a No - thanks. Sums up processes over in the Middle East really think from what I've seen already.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Out of interest, why does it matter ?

If you do have to leave, the chances are your employer will pay for you to do the trip so not much on an issue really.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I know of one "On Arrival" Visit Visa that was converted into Work Visa through Abu Dhabi that was completed without the need for the person to exit/enter the country - this was by way of an "Immigration Clearance" stamp done after payment of around AED 600

Your mileage may vary depending upon how good your PRO is or if the sponsoring Company has a good enough relationship with the authorities.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts