Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checking... I understand that once we receive our visa, we have 30 days to enter the UK and 10 day to collect the permit.

So, I am assuming that I could say in the application that I want to travel on the 1/01/2018, when i actually plan to travel on the 29/01/2018.

If the above is correct, is the 10 days to collect the permit in addition to the 30 days. Can I arrive on day 30 and pick up the card on day 39?

Sounds silly but I want to get the application in as early as possible.

·
Registered
39,246 Posts
Yes, 10 days is additional. But remember it all depends on when your visa is issued, and if it's after your expected travel date, the 30 days start around the time of visa issuance, or shortly after (to give you time to organise your travels).

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes, 10 days is additional. But remember it all depends on when your visa is issued, and if it's after your expected travel date, the 30 days start around the time of visa issuance, or shortly after (to give you time to organise your travels).
So, is the 30 days from the issue date or the 'valid from' date? I assume 'valid from'.

Are you saying that it might start earlier than my stated date of travel?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Oh i might be the only person on here hoping the visa doesnt come earlier than the date we put downor that if is does they honor our date...we kinda need the time with house to sell and 2 kids and car to sell and the list goes on and on lol we are trying to wrap up as much as we can but obviously do not want to do too much until we know visa is approved!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.