Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm trying to find out more info about the 30-day vignette for entry. Could someone clarify whether, when you apply, you state a preference for what date you might be traveling to the UK? Or do they automatically assign this to you based on the date they approve your application and then the 30 days starts from then? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
You can apply no more than 3 months before your intended entry into the UK so yes you indicate a date. However, at the moment due to an increased workload in Sheffield, applications are taking longer to process so processing time may exceed 3 months in which case your vingette will usually be issued with a start date based on when the application was approved.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Nyclon, thanks for all the info in this forum. I just wanted to clarify you mention applying a max of 3 months in advance, however on the online application is appears to let me select a date up to 6 months in advance, do you know if this is just a quirk of the system or have things changed and you can now apply sooner. My husband and I want to apply soon to give us a chance at a second shot if we are rejected but we would like him to move over in April 2019...?

thanks for any help you can offer!

J

·
Registered
8 Posts
My sons 30 vignette begins on the day that he said he would arrive in the uk. His application was successful a month or so ago. Barkus

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.