Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all , So after 10 wks of being in Australia and staying with family on the central coast ive moved to Newtown Sydney . I have just secured a job in childcare which i start on Monday . So things are on the up . My only issue now is that i dont know anyone... i have two flatmates which is great and they are around here and there . Work wise my new job is in North sydney therefor i will obviously make friend with everyone at work but they dont live near me so unsure at this point weather that will help me get out and about .

Does anyone live in new town or round about that fancys hanging out ? Coffee ,drinks etc ? Im 30 so people my age would be great ! Please drop me a line if you interested . Can anyone suggest any tips on meetingnew people ? I am out going etc and used to having a big friend circle in scotland ...so finding it a bit tough !

Thanks mel x

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'll find out exactly where we are looking ASAP .. just waiting for partners 457 visa, where are you based ? let me know how you go in meeting people ... how are you enjoying it so far, ? did you move along ? would you recommend it ? x

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey , I moved on my own but my brother is here on the central coast . I love newtown lots going on and only 2 stops to town . I just started work today in North Sydney only takes 20 mins and thats changing train too. Yes so far i really like it the weathers good, wages are better . Just need some friends and ill be happy :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.