Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After waitin for 3 years and 3 months here I am.... my visa got granted !

I first lodged my 175 in May 2009 and soon after the changes, my application moved to priority number 5. I contacted many times, there was no response and if there was a response, I was told to wait until end of 2012 to get a review. In Nov 2011, I met a gentleman who is an advocate from my city, Hyderabad, India. He advised me to apply for a sponsorship from one of the states. I re assessed my work experience and re appeared for IELTS(8.5). Applied for NSW SS and NT SS in May 2012. On June 27th NSW SS got approved, they have sent 1100 to DIAC on 29th June my file got converted to 176. CO got allocated on 10th July 2012. PCC on 11th July, Medicals on 12th July, Medicals got referred on 18th July. I contacted Global Health 4 times and everytime I was told that they have a huge backlog. On 17th July, a lady told me that in a couple of days my Medicals are gonna get reviewed. Don't when they were finalised but today I got a GRANT.

Thanks alot guys, Ozbound, MBC,MAXXX, DAzzmattz, ANJ1981, ronkhu, paritosh, millinium_bug... your posts were very much helpful!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Whatever the case, I guess the wait was worth it! Congratulations! Time to now reflect on the next stage which is also very daunting. Good luck and I wish you nothing but the very best in your move to NSW.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whatever the case, I guess the wait was worth it! Congratulations! Time to now reflect on the next stage which is also very daunting. Good luck and I wish you nothing but the very best in your move to NSW.
Thanks Hockeyman... good luck to you too !!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm pondering my next move to ACT. Tough decision. Haha.
Dont worry Hman, remember my case and think that no one will ever face more tension than wat I faced !! :tongue1:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Reddykandy said:
Dont worry Hman, remember my case and think that no one will ever have to face more tension than wat I faced !! :tongue1:
I shall do that. Hv secured my visa but unsure when is right to pop over for good. Lots of uncertainties but lots of suprises too.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks shel, I appreciate you for posting many useful things here in the forum. I'm not in a hurry, will move in 2013.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Reddykandy said:
After waitin for 3 years and 3 months here I am.... my visa got granted !

I first lodged my 175 in May 2009 and soon after the changes, my application moved to priority number 5. I contacted many times, there was no response and if there was a response, I was told to wait until end of 2012 to get a review. In Nov 2011, I met a gentleman who is an advocate from my city, Hyderabad, India. He advised me to apply for a sponsorship from one of the states. I re assessed my work experience and re appeared for IELTS(8.5). Applied for NSW SS and NT SS in May 2012. On June 27th NSW SS got approved, they have sent 1100 to DIAC on 29th June my file got converted to 176. CO got allocated on 10th July 2012. PCC on 11th July, Medicals on 12th July, Medicals got referred on 18th July. I contacted Global Health 4 times and everytime I was told that they have a huge backlog. On 17th July, a lady told me that in a couple of days my Medicals are gonna get reviewed. Don't when they were finalised but today I got a GRANT.

Thanks alot guys, Ozbound, MBC,MAXXX, DAzzmattz, ANJ1981, ronkhu, paritosh, millinium_bug... your posts were very much helpful!
Great news indeed. You finally made it mate. Sincere congratulations. Really glad for you. All the very best.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great news indeed. You finally made it mate. Sincere congratulations. Really glad for you. All the very best.
Thankyou so much pal.... good luckto you too.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.