Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are planning to make our initial entry to Australia to stamp visa during December. Would like some expert tips on how to go about planning..which cities are best to visit for family with kids..and where to find furnished apartments to stay...etc

Thank you all in advance

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We are not planning to make permanent migration for some 3 years..

·
Registered
301 Posts
We are planning to make our initial entry to Australia to stamp visa during December. Would like some expert tips on how to go about planning..which cities are best to visit for family with kids..and where to find furnished apartments to stay...etc

Thank you all in advance
First of all Congratulations on your visa Grant.

Well coming to the planning Dec being a good holiday season in Australia there would be plenty of sporting activities that you can choose if you are a sporting fan.
There would be some sort of international tennis cup happening including the famous Australian Open (Melbourne) for almost 1 month starting from End of Dec.

There are quite good places around Melbourne including CBD ,Great Ocean road, phillip island park and I really liked this natural tree top walk where you can walk all the way upto almost 40ft height and from there you can see the aerial view.

If you want to see some iconic figures whilst you are here, I would leave the last week of Dec to see Sydney and won't miss the New year's fireworks @ Sydney Harbour Bridge which you might have heard by now.

Moreover Nelson Bay,Wollongong,shell harbour,kiama around Sydney are also good places and there will be dolphin/whalre watch packages available. Famous beaches like manly and Bondi are also worth watching.

I recommend to hire your own transport unless you are with in the CBD of any major city. If you want to check the accommodation check it on airbnb.com.au, stayz.com.au

Have a good trip.

:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you RedTape.

We are planning the trip from 20th December to January 4th. Is it better to stick to 2 cities for this time? Melbourne and Sydney? Any suggestions to include a 3rd city?

I am thinking of landing in Melbourne, stay there till December 27 and then move on to Sydney and departure from Sydney.

Whats the best way to travel from Mel - Syd? Is there any sites I can visit on the way? What is the best way to cover Great Ocean Road? Also, I wud like visit a vineyard..is there any in nearby areas?

Which areas is recommended for staying in Sydney and Melbourne?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Thank you RedTape.

We are planning the trip from 20th December to January 4th. Is it better to stick to 2 cities for this time? Melbourne and Sydney? Any suggestions to include a 3rd city?

I am thinking of landing in Melbourne, stay there till December 27 and then move on to Sydney and departure from Sydney.

Whats the best way to travel from Mel - Syd? Is there any sites I can visit on the way? What is the best way to cover Great Ocean Road? Also, I wud like visit a vineyard..is there any in nearby areas?

Which areas is recommended for staying in Sydney and Melbourne?
I would not certainly recommend travelling by road during this season as everyone else would be driving i.e.more people would be on road and to be safe I would opt for air travel.

The best way to cover Great Ocean Road is hire your own vehicle. You can add GPS and other accessories whilst booking the taxi. But you have to book that in advance as it would be a busy holiday season and expect to pay more towards this. Visit Thrifty.com.au, Avis.com.au, Budget.com.au to get an idea and take full insurance/cover to be in safe side.

In case of the vineyard I'm not familiar around Melbourne. But you can visit Hunter Valley whilst you are in Sydney which is approximately 200+ km's from sydney CBD.I will try to get information around Melbourne from my friends circle.

I won't recommend staying in any CBD as they would be more crowded and noisy unless if you want to see the night life. Don't stick to one place as you would be forced to return to your home and travelling may take couple of hours.

Will try to provide couple of websites to familiarize your self. In the mean time say "Hail to google" and search with key words Sydney/Melbourne attractions.

Cheers!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts