Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI Guys..............Could you tell me how long a visa application takes to process?
my application was lodged on the 10th june 09 and I was told it could take 3-4 months before I would get a reply,
I have a job in Perth waiting for me, my boss tried to get in touch with my CO and was firmly told 3-4 months and not to bother them! also my visa agent was told the same when he rang.
Is any one allowed to speak to their CO.? (case officer) or is it best to leave well alone??
Swordfish:confused:

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
The fastest visas take 4-8 weeks to process, that's if all the paperwork is in order (all checks done and all papers submitted). You can contact the CO but it doesn't really affect the speed fo the case unless it's been processing for a few months.

Since you are employer sponsored you should be in the highest priority level.

HI Guys..............Could you tell me how long a visa application takes to process?
my application was lodged on the 10th june 09 and I was told it could take 3-4 months before I would get a reply,
I have a job in Perth waiting for me, my boss tried to get in touch with my CO and was firmly told 3-4 months and not to bother them! also my visa agent was told the same when he rang.
Is any one allowed to speak to their CO.? (case officer) or is it best to leave well alone??

·
Registered
50 Posts
Which visa have you applied for?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The fastest visas take 4-8 weeks to process, that's if all the paperwork is in order (all checks done and all papers submitted). You can contact the CO but it doesn't really affect the speed fo the case unless it's been processing for a few months.

Since you are employer sponsored you should be in the highest priority level.
Thanks for the reply amaslam...
Swordfish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts