Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am worried because my EOI was lodged under 189 on 29/04/2015 and it is almost 3 months but I have not received anything yet.
When I log in to skill select account it shows me status "Submitted" and my point is 60 points..

I completed all the application and point score is 60 displayed in application but I remember I haven't attached any evidence documents because application didn't ask me for that. (I thought may be they will ask it once EOI application is invited)
But I never received any confirmation email when I applied to EOI on 29/04/2015.

Now me and my partner have limited visa till 2 months and if this delays we are in trouble.

I emailed skill select team with the issue but they didn't came back to me...

Not getting any email from the beginning is making me worried .

Am I doing anything wrong?? Any quick reliable response would be much appreciated...

Thank you

Good Day...ALL

·
Registered
965 Posts
I am assuming you have submitted your EOI. The invites are usually based on the job code and the number of applicants. If your job code has 100 slots for this round and there are 150 applicants who has 65 or above then you wouldnt get.

·
Registered
94 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
@abiral619

What is your occupation code. Also, give us your points breakdown to know your case better.
The only way to skip the line in invitation receiving process is by increasing your points. One way is to retake IELTS/PTE to increase your points. Lets say you have 60 points with 6 IELTS, if you score 7 in IELTS that will give you extra 10 points and chances of getting invite on 70 are excellent depending on your occupation.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dear Squoats

Firstly Thank you for your concern...

Criteria Points Bracket Skilled -
Independent
(Subclass 189)
(Permanent)

Date of Effect 20/06/2015 00:04:33

Age 25 - 32 30

English Language Ability Competent 0

Level of educational
qualification attained
At least a Bachelor Degree 15

Years of experience in
Nominated Occupation
- in Australia within the
last 10 years.
Less than 1 Year 0

Years of experience in a
Nominated Occupation
- overseas within the
last 10 years.
Less than 1 Year 0

Professional Year Completion of a Professional Year 5
Australian Study
Requirement - for
skilled migration
Meets the Australian study requirement for
skilled migration points test

Partner Skills Primary Applicant Partner meets Threshold
eligibility criteria for skilled migration visa
Total is 60

·
Registered
528 Posts
Also, what is your skilled nominated occupation?

·
Registered
528 Posts
As long as i remember quota for accountant general filled back in march/april 2015 and occupation ceiling is cut into half for 2015-16 year. So, there must be a lot of back logging remaining. That is why you haven't received the invite even though you submitted your EOI back in May 2015. Better track your progress in following thread. Check users signatures as it contains info for the progress, also update yours.

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...nvitations-eagerly-awaited-august-2015-a.html

In the meantime, by looking at your points breakdown, You can try to get 10 extra points by retaking IELTS/PTE and score 7+.

Also, make sure you are correctly claiming points for Professional year, education in Australia and partners points. For partner points, both occupations of you and your partner should be in same list i-e SOL/CSOL and her assessment should have been positive.

Goodluck.

·
Registered
528 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts