Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 2 Posts

· Registered
39,585 Posts
Hello, this is my first post.

I am a Canadian, currently in the UK on a Tier 2 work visa. I recently married my British boyfriend, so now I want to switch categories to the 2 year spouse visa.

I am unsure about what to use as evidence of my finances as I am in my overdraft on my current account and have been in the overdraft for quite some time, which doesn't look very good.

- Would it be acceptable just to send in my payslips or do I have to include bank statements?
- My husband's finances are healthy enough, will that 'offset' my less than ideal finances?

If anyone has any advice or has been in a similar circumstance, your comments would be appreciated.
Bank statement is usually required, as are pay slips.
It's the combined income that matters, so if your husband is earning a good salary, that will help offset your overdraft.
1 - 1 of 2 Posts
Not open for further replies.