Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I received a PDF attachment (Y,day)from CO indicating that Visas have been granted and the date of initial entry. However, I am supposed to pay the 2nd installment as my wife did not do her IELTS. I m in a bit of a confused situation as my CO has not requested me to pay the 2nd installment. Pl adv.:confused:

Am I to start celebrations?:rolleyes:

Regards

·
Registered
98 Posts
Time to Celebrate! Why should you bother if CO did not request second installment? Maybe CO was fine with your dependents English Language ability?

As per DIAC Rules for English Language Eligibility (from what is there on IMMI site), CO will ask you to pay second installment 'before visa is granted'.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I think you are through.. may be CO is conveinced that your spouse studied english for atleast 10 years... you can start celebrating...

Good Luck..

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
congratulations chand.

another visa granted this week. excellent.

Keep us posted what you plan for the future.

Cheers
anj

·
Registered
233 Posts
Have u submitted ur spouse education transcripts? has she studied in English medium??

If she studied in English medium, then CO may not ask for 2nd installment (IELTS is not required)....so don't worry.....

Congrats for ur VISA!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
congratulations chand.

another visa granted this week. excellent.

Keep us posted what you plan for the future.

Cheers
anj
Hi Guys

Thank u so much for your quick replays. I think I have not given the exact wordings of the CO. Pl pardon me for that.

CO in his letter has said " on 26.January 2010, a decision was taken to grant Class VE Subclass 175 Skilled(Migrant) Independent visas to the following applicants ......."

Initial entry

" Now that visas have been granted the visa holders must make their initial entry........"

and so on...

further, a friend of mine said visa number/s should be given for each applicant, which is not available in CO s letter. Is there a requirement like that?

Also, I have not submitted any evidence to support my wife s English.

Thanx and regards

Chand:confused2:

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Chand.. relax.. just go to VFS, give them your passport and a copy of the grant letter and get it stamped.. you dont need to pay the 2nd installment.. dont dig the dirt, if you get so worried about the wife english proofs, it might backfire. the ask for 2nd instalment before they grant the visa, in your case you have been granted the visa already, so why bother with it

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow...My heariest congratulations Chand...Double Check online whether all are met...Start Celebrations...
Hi Sihan

Thanx so much. Few things to be worried though. My application was paper based and there s no way of checking on line. Pl see the new reply I ve posted a little while ago. Keep in touch.

Regards
chand

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chand.. relax.. just go to VFS, give them your passport and a copy of the grant letter and get it stamped.. you dont need to pay the 2nd installment.. dont dig the dirt, if you get so worried about the wife english proofs, it might backfire. the ask for 2nd instalment before they grant the visa, in your case you have been granted the visa already, so why bother with it
Hi Anj1976

Thanx for the kind response. I will go to VFS tomorrow and see what is happening.

Regards

Chand::cool:

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's always better to just wait untill you asked to do something from the C.O. If he needs it he will ask it. Don't try to raise suspicioun :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Congratulations:clap2:

You can just take a print out of your grant email and your original passports to the VFS or Australian embassay in your country.

Hi Anj1976

Thanx for the kind response. I will go to VFS tomorrow and see what is happening.

Regards

Chand::cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts