Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

I am applying for the 2nd part of my leave to remain on the 5 year route. hopefully the 2nd or 3rd week of august.

I think our application should be pretty straightforward and we are doing an appointment which i have yet to book. have a couple basic questions mostly about the financial requirement, i couldn't seem to find already answered on the forum and would appreciate some help:

Here is the situation :

I have been with my employer for over 2 years I am non-salaried I think paid at an hourly rate, my payslips are issued weekly with regular full time hours and a permanant contract. i make just under the requirement.
My husband will have been with his employer just short of a year at the the time of application He makes 30,000 a year plus a load of overtime. I think he is paid an annual salary and not hourly like me. his wage slips are issued monthly.

1.I wanted to include my income on the application as well as his, to show that I have a job and as a safety net maybe in case we were missing a payslip or something like that. Does it make sense for us to use both our incomes or just his since he meets the requirement?

2. There is no place in section 7.3 for non-salaried employment that I can see. If I want to use nonsalaried category A (6 months) for either of us where do i specify this? Is non-salaried still allowed? It seems really strange that there is no place for it on the form given how specific they ask you to be and that non-salaried employment is calculated differently.

3. I get paid weekly.... ugh math.... Am I correct in thinking that I just show approximately 26 weekly payslips matching the period of my husbands monthly ones? does our evidence have to cover the exact same the period of 6 months?

4.My Husband will possibly be changing job title and getting a new contract with the same employer right before the visa application. I think his salary will remain the same. Is this a problem at all , will we need any additional letters etc, from his employer to document this?

5. Not financial requirement related but : I think we have to show bills etc. to prove we've been living together.... so these need to be spaced out in any particular way? or just an assortment from the time we've been together?

6. we've been living in the same place we did last application, do we still need a letter from our landlord and all that?

Hopefully that's all my questions and I won't bother you wise and kind folk again....

many thanks!

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
#1 Don't do that. Just disclose your husband's income with supporting documents.
#2 There is no distinction - you just work out your annual income differently.
#3 N/A.
#4 It's best not to change jobs or contract until you get your new leave to remain. Can you postpone by a week or two, explaining the reasons to his employer?
#5 Every 6 months is good but it's not strictly laid down. A good spread of evidence is what they are looking for.
#6 Yes. Lease/tenancy agreement, letter from landlord if both names aren't on the document, council tax bill/statement or utility bill.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
#4 It's best not to change jobs or contract until you get your new leave to remain. Can you postpone by a week or two, explaining the reasons to his employer?
Thanks so much Joppa, for all answers.

Re, Job Change thing... It's a bit annoying. It's a pretty big company and they're doing a restructuring all of a sudden. He's spoken to them already asking to postpone but he can't get a guarantee that they won't change it before we apply. We know he's not going to get made redundant but best case scenario he gets a better job title and same salary & worst case they drop his pay by 2000 pounds to match some other job title ( we don't know if they can do that legally?)

We Just found our about it this week.

Assuming he can't postpone the change what would you recommend? Maybe a letter explaining restructure and job change from his head of department, and a copy of both contracts showing no gaps?

Also in the case that they drop his pay, we would still meet the requirement but we would have to use his new lower salary on the application as the lowest level in the 6 months is what they use correct?

Again Thanks so so much

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
It is messy to change jobs even with the same employer while you are trying to renew your leave. Try to apply as early as you can (28 days before the 30-month anniversary of arrival, or 28 days before leave expiry when you switched from fiancé to spouse). Provided you are still in your old job on the day of your premium service centre appointment, you are in the clear. If you have to change, submit both contracts, and employment letter should state both old and new pay and the gross annual pay you are relying on, and the period in which it was paid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.