Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I paid for my husbands visa online yesterday 26th and his appointment is at the vac on 3rd june. I have a question. Can i use my pay slip from the 30th april? Bank statement is the 3rd may? Its just this month my boss gave me an advance on part of my wages 3 days early so i could finalise my husbands application. So this month i will get one pay slip but there will be 2 bank deposits showing on my bank statements. I dont want to be decline on financial. So dont know whats best to do. To wait and include this months (my papers are going direct to sheffield) or use aprils.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Normally im paid at the end of each month. But this month my boss paid me an advance of some of my wages yesterday. I recieve the remainder on friday. So i will only have 1 payslip for may BUT on my bank account statement it will be showing a deposit from my work on the 26th and 29th of may. Thats why i dont want ro complicate things and was wondering if i should just use aprils payslip from the 30th.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I would get a letter from the employer/HR detailing the reason for the discrepancy in payslips. This is advised any time there is a missing payslip, a period of sick leave, or other extenuating circumstance. The reason payslips must be no older than 28 days is to verify that the sponsor is still under paid employment. A bank deposit can be made any time and thus doesn't really prove the employer/employee relationship still exists.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Normally im paid at the end of each month. But this month my boss paid me an advance of some of my wages yesterday. I recieve the remainder on friday. So i will only have 1 payslip for may BUT on my bank account statement it will be showing a deposit from my work on the 26th and 29th of may. Thats why i dont want ro complicate things and was wondering if i should just use aprils payslip from the 30th.
If your boss has given an advance it should be recorded on your pay-slip which will show a total salary less the advance for the month. Your total wage will be the same unless you had a pay rise or bonus?.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I would get a letter from the employer/HR detailing the reason for the discrepancy in payslips. This is advised any time there is a missing payslip, a period of sick leave, or other extenuating circumstance. The reason payslips must be no older than 28 days is to verify that the sponsor is still under paid employment. A bank deposit can be made any time and thus doesn't really prove the employer/employee relationship still exists.
What kind of Payroll system is used? Usually company's will deposit funds to an Employee's account on a pre-determined day each month and the relevant payslip is produced a day or 2 before. There should be No strange discrepancy.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok i will see what my pay slip says. If all else fails since my last pay slip was 30th of april and i paid online for my husbands application on 26th may its within the 28days? Can i jus omit my may salary? My work has already done me an employment letter dated 26th mayfor my application and i dont want to ask again for a further letter re the advance.i was thinking anyway i could send the supporting documents tomorrow for my husbands visa as it has to go direct to sheffield anyway?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unsure of the payroll system to be honest. Usually im paid at the end of the month and the payslip is given by hand to us then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.