Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Hoping someone could help me out with this. We are all prepared to submit our documents for the visa however I'm unsure of one thing. The guidelines say that statements from my bank can't be more than 28days out of date. They have said it will take 2 weeks to send me the statements which means by the time I get them already half that time is gone.

Given my wife is in the US what is the most efficient way to get this done? My current plan is:
Make the visa application, wait until her biometrics appointment is confirmed. As soon as she has the date for the biometrics I will request the statement from my bank.

Can she then send me the documents and I can post the whole package to Sheffield for processing? Or does it have to be sent by her from the US (i.e. I have to send her the statements first?).

Is there a time limit on when they receive your documents vs. when the application is made? If she submits on say the 1st of October, and then her biometrics are on the 6th and she immediately sends me her documents needed for the application, and I don't get the statements until the 14th meaning the UKBA doesn't see the whole packet of supporting documents until the 16th and the package comes from my address in the UK is that okay?

I presume this is really the only effective way to do it? Otherwise I'm posting things to the US just to post them back to the UK?

If anyone can shed any light on the logistics of this that'd be great!

Thanks!

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
It's the timing of your online application that has to be within 28 days of the statement date, so you don't have to have your statement in hand until later, when you send off your documents to Sheffield after your biometrics.
Your wife has to send all the documents in one packet to Sheffield. Separate parcel from you won't be accepted,
I think the limit for submitting documents from US is something like a month or two, so you have plenty of time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Joppa,

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll go ahead and order the statements first in that case so we have everything together at once. If I apply within 28 days of when I order them that should be acceptable?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Apply online within 28 days of the statement date, i.e. the last date covered by the statement.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am in exactly the same position.

I want to submit the application next week, however my last bank statement is dated 13 august, ie more than 28 days ago.

I bank with natwest and was able to register for online banking today.

To get around the date issue, I plan to go in person to my bank tomorrow and ask them to stamp my latest online statment, which will accompany my original bank statements.

Joppa can you pleae confirm it is ok to submit 5 orignal statements and 1 online statement stamped by my bank, please?

Thank you

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Should be fine. Home Office is changing the rules on online statement next month so it should be easier to provide up-to-date statement for others.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
All it states is that in future, online statement is acceptable to all accounts, not just online account (as most people opt for non-paper statement I'd imagine). Online statement still needs to be verified by the bank, being stamped or accompanied by a letter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.