Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can someone give me advice please im goi g to apply for uk spouse visa, when does my 28 day rule start i have 2 jobs i get paid every month 6th and 16th im thinking of submiting online app on 21st august. Does my 28 day rule start on the 6th or 15th thank you

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hi can someone give me advice please im goi g to apply for uk spouse visa, when does my 28 day rule start i have 2 jobs i get paid every month 6th and 16th im thinking of submiting online app on 21st august. Does my 28 day rule start on the 6th or 15th thank you
Your financial documents can't be any older than 28 days prior to the date you apply and pay online, so 28 days before 21 August at the most.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your financial documents can't be any older than 28 days prior to the date you apply and pay online, so 28 days before 21 August at the most.
So basically 28 day rule begins the wage slip on the 6th of august ? Or does it start after my wage slip on the 16 august ? Or is it when i submit online app after the 16th august wage slip. Thank you

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
The "28 day rule" is 28 days prior to your online application, it's not timed from the day you're paid. If you apply on 21 August then your latest payslip can be dated no earlier than 24 July.

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
What the rule means is that on the date of your online application, your latest payslip must be dated no older than 28 days before that. So if for example you apply on 30th June, your most recent payslip must be dated no earlier than 2nd June. In other words it must be dated between 2nd and 30th June.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What the rule means is that on the date of your online application, your latest payslip must be dated no older than 28 days before that. So if for example you apply on 30th June, your most recent payslip must be dated no earlier than 2nd June. In other words it must be dated between 2nd and 30th June.
Thanks for clearing that up i thought biometric had to be done aswell in the 28 days. Also after online app submited is their a deadline for biometric ? Thank you agaij. Xx

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
There normally isn't but if you don't give biometrics for a long time, such as a couple of months, your online details will be wiped clean from record and you will have to withdraw your application, request return of fees and apply afresh. You will then have to rehash your financial details to meet the 28-day rule.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.